Football heads

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Would guess they might be the Trokar hooks? Absolute guess here from someone who don't buy hooks. :p Someone should know.

Fatman

Check with Cadman - probably be better to PM him, or check over at TU where he posts alot. You could also check with Grousefly. Don't know if RonDon makes these or not

GrouseFly

I can make them but who knows when I would get time to do it...I am covered up in orders right now...lol..which is a good thing...

hookup

The hook looks like a black nickle Matzuo Sickle - either a 2/0 or 3/0
Agree w/ Hawnjig on the mold of the pictured jig

The FBB-38 mold will work

Hawnjigs

KISS
I just got a FBB-38 a few days ago, and with my batches of Sickles:
1/0 will barely fit with the point tight on the indent wall, 2/0 needs a slight mold trim where the hook point contacts over the outer tip of the indent, and 3/0 will kinda fit. By "kinda" I mean 2/0 & 3/0 shanks aren't dead center straight thru the collar, but will probably pour OK.

Single strand weedguard mod looks possible, but the guard will have to sit on or very close to the hook point. With guards as long as in the pic jig, could only pour every other cavity at a time.

smalljaw

I could pour you a football head that is similar but it would be a 60 degree hook not a 90. This is a picture of a brush jig with the hook but I could put it into a football head, the hook is the Owner 5304 deep throat jig hook.

DSCF10612_zpsb1eb591d.jpg

Back