Fly Tyers Dungeon

crappiecripplerjigs

I've decided to broaden my horizons and try to learn how to tie flies. Went on a hunt for materials on the net and discovered Fly Tyers Dungeon. I ordered the $25 FTD Christmas Box and received a HUGE amount material much of which is perfect for jig making as well. Many types of flash, dubbing, hair, and tail materials.:D Have a look.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a nice Christmas present to yourself.... just a little early! :D I have never ordered from them but have heard good things about them. They do have decent prices on their flash material and have been told their congo hair is excellent for EP Minnow flies. They have some interesting mixed colors of hair and flash.

crappiecripplerjigs

The congo hair is really good looking. I kept seeing references on a fly tying forum about using EP fibers and had no clue what it was until I asked. Felt sort of dumb, but I'm getting it figured out. Flies are hard! I did manage to tie two elk hair caddis flies last night. They look ok. I'll need to find some easy patterns for panfish. Sorry Led! One good thing is the $25 gets a ton of stuff. Drawback is wanting more after you open the packages!

Back