Fly Tie Hooks on eBay

Hawnjigs

KISS

StumpHunter

Over the last two years I have bought a lot of hooks from him and all are nice and no trouble at all. Have also bought beads, coneheads and hourglass. He always ships fast, good guy to buy from.

Fatman

The Dai-riki's are a really good hook. Another one is IF you can get the old 3906 or 3906B Mustads you'll have a good heavy wire hook. Amazing what the old style Mustads are going for!!! when you can find them.

StumpHunter

Hawnjigs said:
Didn't know you double dipped as a flyguy Stump - how do you like the Maruto hooks?

Hawn, I have not ordered any of the Maruto hooks because I have always used a hook with a barb but I have just received some of the Dohimoto hooks and I am impressed with the hooks. I think I may have been wrong tying on the barbed hooks but I have to many of them to no use them so I will be bending the bard down. All my flies are size 8 to 16 with most being #12. The Dohimoto hooks I ordered are the 2457BL #12, I will be buying more of these hooks and the price is great.

Hawnjigs

KISS
That Dohimoto barbless hook is interesting - looks like with the line of pull on the inside(point side) of the eye it will function like a semi-circle hook (?).

StumpHunter

That is what I'm thinking also Hawn. Fatman they look a little better made or just as well as the Mustads & Tiemco. I have not tied on them yet but will be trying them out very soon and will let y'all know about them. Hawn he has just started carrying the Japan hooks or at lest I have not seen them before a few weeks ago.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I don't flytie, but the quality of the Japanese hooks piqued my interest, so did some research. Seems that they are all actually mfg. in Japan - Dai-riki, Dai-ichi, Dohimoto, Dohitomi, Maruto, Tiemco, Kamasan, maybe more. Not exactly mainstream distribution in the USA.

Of course us jig crafters know about Gamakatsu & Owner, I'm wondering if those other hook mfg. offer jig hooks? The Hardy eBay store shows a few Maruto jig fly hooks, and they look very interesting with Xheavy wire and typical Japanese point quality.

Back