Fluke For Bass

Pup

Made this one a few days ago.  My model was a Zoom Fluke in white pearl color.

S5300001_zpsdo4a5guj.jpg

Hook is a weedless 1/0 bronze baitholder.  Total lure length is approximately six inches.
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

Pup

Hawnjigs said:
Very impressive, tho construction time looks to be a bear.  How long does it take to make one?

The very first time when designing...is always the longest. :)  Actually, I believe I could turn 3-5 of these out per hour depending upon pressure.  The tying is the quick part.  Gluing materials is a long paste and wait matter.

Bucho said:
can´t open image

Bucho, I've tried to attach the image I uploaded to Photobucket.  The Bulletin Board is telling me that it's too large, something that's never happened to me before.

hookup

I see it - looks like it'll last longer than a soft plastic fluke

Does it sink?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good and an interesting concept. Bet there is even some nice clicking as you jerk it too.

Pup

hookup said:
I see it - looks like it'll last longer than a soft plastic fluke

Does it sink?

Yes, slowly.  Adding/subtracting beads adjusts the buoyancy of future ties.  It's purely trial and error, with a lot of the latter.  The tail tip floats upward with the use of the craft foam.

AtticaFish said:
Looks good and an interesting concept.  Bet there is even some nice clicking as you jerk it too.

Thank you AF.  Clicks can occur as the beads aren't tightly packed.

I think it's just plain fun to create while sitting beside a display case full of materials and in front of a fly tying vise.  Though, terming it a 'fly tying vise' seems to be a misnomer to me, nowadays, as I tie very few flies. ;)

Save
Save

Save
Save

Back