Florescent Epoxy

Jay Wirth

Does anyone here know where I could find Epoxy paint in flo colors?

Flo Yellow
Flo Green
Flo Red

I have done a lot of searching over the years but am hoping to get lucky with posting the question here.

Tight Lines,

Jay

hookup

Never heard about that, but here's an idea just off the top of my head ...

Mix some epoxy, then add some flo powder paint

Jay Wirth

Epoxy will cure in a room where my wife doesn't mind when Im coloring some jigs....

Powder paint is OK but I have always used epoxy and is how I would prefer to continue. Currently I use buoy paint over a base of white epoxy. Brushing on by hand is not a problem and paint 25 - 30 doz at a time.

LedHed

Sponsor
Lot of the crankbait guys spray with their favorite paint then overcoat with 30 min. epoxy. Mixing powder paint should work. Might be lumpy. Tried mixing phosphorus powder with clear enamel and epoxy and didn't like they way it came out...

Think Loon makes epoxy paint.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I think you might be able to use the colorant for making plastics to color it. Pretty sure I saw someone doing that on custom rods.

StumpHunter

I sent the guy a message last night and my order for 9 of the 10g of pigments. He sent back the invoice with a combined shipping for 4.99 so the whole order was 13.90. I will report back on how it works when I receive it.

LedHed

Sponsor
SH - what are you going to mix the pigments with? I'm very interested in the fluorescent colors also.

Ronny - think I remember (say that a lot the older you get) a discussion on Tackleunderground.com about mixing the plastic colorants with Devcon epoxy for painting jigs.

StumpHunter

Sonny I'm not sure what I'm going to mix it with but plan to do some testing with it. I know I'm going to try mixing it with clear nail polish and the gloss powder paint. I do use epoxy's on the crankbaits I paint so my try mixing the pigment with the epoxy.

creekychub

Might want to check this loon outdoorsstuff out. It is powder that's made to be mixed with any type of cement. It looks like they make a glow in the dark powder as well. I've wanted to try some out, just haven't got around to it yet.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
creekychub said:
.....Might want to check this loon outdoorsstuff out....

The loon powder does sound interesting to get pearl effect and in 4 different colors, but $14+ for only a half ounce..... ouch! They have a video for how to use it, but it is all in black and white. :dodgy:

FishAction

Lurecraft has these paint colors in their Poly-Sil line. It's a 4 parts paint to 1 part catalyst. I have several colors -- it's good, drys quick and isn't affected by plastics.

http://www.lurecraft.com

Poly-sil different sizes of containers

Color: Fluorescent Green, Fluorescent Orange, Fluorescent Pink, Fluorescent Purple, Fluorescent Red, Fluorescent Yellow, Gold, Green, Light Brown, Moss Green, Orange, Pearl White, Red, Silver, White, Yellow, Green Pumpkin, Black, Blue, Brown, Clear

Charlie

StumpHunter

I received the pigments the other day and only had time to mix a little in some old clear polish that was getting thick. It changed the color of the polish but didn't do a good job of covering the jighead. I'll try to get some pic together and post them. I'm going to mix some with epoxy too.

jigaglow

i find it interesting that they chose a black and white video for the video lol

Back