Flatheads in the Susquehanna

SaltyBuckster

What a night on the Susquehanna River last night.We went about 3 miles downstream of 3 Mile Island Nuclear Plant.First things first though,lol.
Stopped at a little lake for some bluegills for bait in Little Buffalo,got to the lake entrance and a roadblock stopped traffic with Fireman there.Just then a Medivac Helicopter took off in front of us.I guess that someone got hurt at the swimming pool there.1/2 hour later we got to the small electric motors only lake and went down to the boatramp and caught about 22 small bluegills for an hour.
Took off to Middletown,Pa. and got lost,lol.Finally found the right road and got to the river.
Now the fun part begins.Got the boat all set up and my brother in law backs me down the old ramp into the river.The right hand trailer tire falls off the cement ramp just as it ends.The boat is almost popping a wheelie because we are in the wrong spot and the right rear corner goes down in the water and the boat fills up half way.It happened in like 2 seconds and when I yell he gets out to see what had happened,lol.I tell him to pull it out and we drain the boat and uncover the battery that is now under water.All good.We try again and off we go.We anchor up and put in the submersible light.At about 12 at night the power goes dead.I pull in a 4 lb. flathead maybe 5,kinda small on my flounder rod.We head back to the ramp and try to load the boat,lol.The winch is broke.So,after about an hour we get it on and tie it up and off we go.Not a great night.But,at least I did'nt get skunked,lol.

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 57

SaltyBuckster

It was a great night.I did find out that mosquitos don't like me,lol.They do love my brother in law though,Ha.My blood must be to thin for them to get anything out of it.[/align]

SaltyBuckster

If it aint alive and swimming they aint eating it.That small one there ate a bluegill that was about 6" long and very active.

Back