Fishing Texas Border Lakes

Radtexan

Just got a little safer...

The solution is a new weapon aimed to stop smugglers and criminals before they reach Texas' shores. At 34-feet long, powered by three 300 horsepower engines and armed with six machine guns, the "JD Davis" resembles a military patrol boat.

"If we're going to combat this type of threat, we have to ensure we have the equipment to do so," said McCraw.

The $580,000 shallow water interceptor can patrol in just 12 inches of water and is the first of a planned fleet of six such vessels comprising the newly-created Highway Patrol Tactical Marine Unit.

http://www.kvue.com/home/related/DP...rol-boat-for-border-operations-135296258.html

7b136600.jpg
5e09f809.jpg
19da346d.jpg

JSC

Dont "Mess: with that machine ... I wonder what size trollin motor U would have to use ...

Fatman

You Texans!!!!!!! Just a bunch of BADDDDDDDDDDD ASSSESSSSSSSS!!!!!! Man I want one of those babies!!!!!!!!!!!! Bout time they gave law inforcement the newest toys to not only protect them but to nail the bad guys!!!!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
...shallow water interceptor can patrol in just 12 inches of water...

Only 12 inches.... wow! That should intimidate some. That would sure be a fun job to build and test. :target:

Fatman

Rad

If it can run in 12" with props, I wonder how shallow it can run with a jet propulsion unit on those engines, still it's one bad ass kickin boat

Back