Fishing Over The Years

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
It is not an active hobby of mine to collect the old stuff, but i do have a few things. Here is one odd-ball thing i dug out of the basement of the store i work that used to sell hunting/fishing gear before i started working there. It's not in the best condition, but it is pretty strange!!!

Attachments

• 101_0887_e.jpg
    101_0887_e.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 82

CK3

Among other obsessions, errr uh, hobbies, I collect reels.
If you want to see some real craftsmanship and quality metal
crafting you should see some of the early teens, german silver
reels! These guys spin forever and the etching on some of them is unbelievable! And they cost new around 3-6 dollars:huh:
Our reels today are better in every way except for workmanship.
Back in "the old days" they didn't have a crankbait rod, a worm rod, a jigging rod, a swimbait rod, spinning was not here yet and a push button....what's that? However they made do with one rod and one reel and did pretty well considering all the tech they didn't have then.

Jiggin Joe

I would like to have alot off that stuff but if i start doing that to i will have to quit something else and that aint happening

JJ

CK3

Nice looking room crappiecrippler!!!
My "man cave" is the same as yours.....it has the one way approach.
Stuff keeps coming in, but nothing goes out;)

PondBass

that reel on the forst pic right side- how much is that worth. I got one of those too and cant find any info on it..

sweet collection!

ragged edge

I have been collecting old wood lures for years,Heddon,Creek Chubb,Shakespeare,Bomber and companies that did not last long. Can be a very expensive hobby.

crappiecripplerjigs

PB the reel in pic is a South Bend 560. Value considering auction prices anywhere from $20 to $50. At one point I had nearly every model of pre-1970 South Bend reel ever made. Had over 160 of them and half with original boxes. Sadly most of them have found new homes through the use of "that horrible online auction site that ruined collecting for millions of people". Myself included!

Back