Fish & Jigs

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Couple forums have a 'Big Fish' or 'Random Fish' thread. Since we are all jig heads..... post your pics with a jig in the lip. :jig:

Got this bass today.........

View attachment 3

Attachments

• PHOT0461_e.jpg
    PHOT0461_e.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 233

Hawnjigs

KISS
Gasp! Your heads are blind! And one is naked! Is that lipstick blood?

Good idea, excellent detail pics. Not the best time of year.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
You should have seen the lipstick stain on my cheek after she was done with me! haha
Hawnjigs said:
.......Is that lipstick blood?.......

Went through and backed up a bunch of old pics. You might recognize this one from the header at the top of the pages......

View attachment 8

Attachments

• 100_4833_e.jpg
    100_4833_e.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 235

AllenOK

It's not very big, but here's one many Oklahoma Bluegills that have fallen to a Peacock and Starling soft-hackle pattern that I've adapted to a micro-jig.

View attachment 9

Attachments

• 20150320Bluegill2.JPG
    20150320Bluegill2.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 224

NorCoMike

Not the best pictures but the trout have been very cooperative during this open water December!

Attachments

• trout1.jpg
    trout1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 131
  • big crappie.jpg
    big crappie.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 125
  • trout3.jpg
    trout3.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 127

Lost Pole

Nice pictures every one! Lots of variety. A testament to the will of tyers. Ya know what catches fish? People who will themselves to catch fish.
To me that means a certain sense of dedication. Time and effort. The pics are a tiny speck of what it's all about and I hope it keeps up. Y'all made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe

White Christmas?  You can have it!  

I prefer it warm, green, and with open water in front of me.  Got some jigs wet over The Eve/Christmas Day and managed a mix bag of bass and crappie.

The grey/grizzly patterned craft hair tails w/sparkle gray dubbing mix took fish nicely.  Mostly a lot of cookie-cutter bass (10”-15”) with a few slabs thrown in for variety.
View attachment 1
Pushed gold flashabou bodies and tan nylon on X-Mas day and did well on both species, much more visible and I think they come up higher for it on F’n’F presentations.  A noticeability thing in clear gravel pits, flashabou is like a neon sign in the distance…unmissable.
View attachment 2
View attachment 3
About 50% of takes were when the suspended jig gets near the weedline/bottom as it upslopes toward shore, a provocative area on cold, bottom hugging fish.  Nudged me to sling this ungainly abomination below in hopes of bigger bass and better bottom coverage, yet only managed a few here and there.  
View attachment 4
View attachment 5
Small and ambitious bass, just not enough to keep the float & jig dry in the pocket, so I switched back to bobber watching and whored-out on numbers ‘till sundown.  Nothing big, but a Good X-Mas without the onset of cabin fever.

Attachments

• gray.JPG
    gray.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 150
  • slabgold.JPG
    slabgold.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 148
  • corner.JPG
    corner.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 142
  • chamcraw.JPG
    chamcraw.JPG
    268.1 KB · Views: 149
  • ambitious.JPG
    ambitious.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 147

joe

El Nino warmth went bye-bye, way cold, some flakes and kinda windy.  F’n’F would have been the wise and most productive choice, but I stuck with a 1/8 oz Grey Belly craw & chamois trailer just to see if I could sling bigger and still seduce a few.  Few they were and modest sized, but fish willing to eat bigger/more aggressively fished jigs often pull noticeably harder on the end of a line.  Justifiable choice even at the lower catch rates sometimes, it’s a form of connoisseurship that way and it’s nice to have a good scrap.

View attachment 1
View attachment 2

Last pic above shows the surprising durability of Tulip Slick after many wet/dry uses on a trailer.  Some of these tabs I cranked-out years ago and they are still serviceable with little sign of deterioration after much use.  It’s thin, but lambskin chamois is mighty durable as well.  Didn't think the marriage of those two materials would go more than a few excursions and stay together, color me pleasantly surprised and inspired to refine forms further with various leathers.

Attachments

• break1.JPG
    break1.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 89
  • south.JPG
    south.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 88
  • trailer.JPG
    trailer.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 96

quivira kid

Selfie action....