First one on a jig

JUNGLEJIM1

Fishing early this morning,caught a couple bass and decided to try and catch a crappie. This hit on the first cast,knew it wasn't a bass and thought I had a big crappie. Funniest looking crappie I ever saw. Probably weighed over 1 lb. There are some bigger ones in this lake.This catch is so unusual I thought I'd share it. Fish hit a glow pink/white tube jig with orange/gold shiner head.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3023.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 84

flatsrat76

Sweet Goldfish. Now you need a huge bowl and your set. When I was younger I use to try and catch them in the ponds in Illinois.

ScottV

Is that what that is, a goldfish? Good grief! I've seen on TV where Roland Martin was catching "oscars", which is an aquarium fish, in some canals in Florida. I guess "guppies" is what I'd be catching. LOL

flatsrat76

ScottV said:
Is that what that is, a goldfish? Good grief! I've seen on TV where Roland Martin was catching "oscars", which is an aquarium fish, in some canals in Florida. I guess "guppies" is what I'd be catching. LOL

They also get some big cichlids and peacock bass....

JUNGLEJIM1

Little Timmy or Susie's pet goldfish is alive and doing well. They are breeding in this little 5 acre lake though you rarely see any small ones because the bass and crappie are eating them. Between these,shad and the big crawfish in the lake there is a lot of forage for the bass to grow. This fought harder than a 2lb bass that I caught later that morning. I might start tying some goldfish imitations.

Uncle Grump

JJ

You ought to mount that - w/ the jig and line in its mouth - not many will have a similar mount....

UG

Back