Finished rods ...

hookup

Couple months ago, posted a few rods that I was building

Here are the finished rods:

IMGP0928_zpsb912285d-1.jpg

hookup

The butt section of the rod on the left has a holo-wrap. Basically, it's a white black base, with four coats of epoxy, then a reverse wrapped double thread of metallic green & white. The white is called a 'slave' that after the wrap gets removed causing a holographic effect.

Lotsa work but very cool if you're trying to add a little weight to the butt for balance

If you look at the guides closely, you'll see that an imaginary line from the shaft for the spool of the reel goes right through the guides until it intersects the blank. Then after that are small micro guides that shoot the line off the blank. This is called a concept spinning set of guides.

Theory is longer casts. The topic's debated heavily among those in the know. I think it does add distance to the cast, but what do I know. lol

hookup

Thx everyone.

Been building now for almost 10 years as a hobby. Makes great gifts to friends & family.

Nothing like catching a fish on a rod & bait I built.

hookup

Concept spinning from Fuji - in Alconites and Silicon Carbonite guides

Theory is two cone's of flight. First cone is an imaginary line from the shaft of the spinning reel to where the line intersects the blank. From the intersection of the blank to the tip the line shoots off with fly guides. I modified the theory slightly by going from a 7 to a 6 size fly guide and then found out St Croix did too. Guessed right on that one ... if guides are placed right, you can see the theory in motion with each cast. Rumor hazit that you get about 20% greater casting distance ... this rumor's heavily debated on the forums, but I like it.

Here's a good article

http://www.rodbuilding.org/library/spinningNGC.pdf

NorCoMike

Nice looking rods! I'm a big fan of the concept guide placement. I don't think I could go back to a conventional guide train.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

hookup

Collecting the parts for another rod. I've had a 5S70MF waiting to get built for a couple years. Got a killah deal on the blank.

Saw these in the recent Mudhole catalog & bought a skeletal pair of composite fiber grips

CFX-Composite-Carbon-Fiber-Grips_media-1.jpg

Still filling the penny jar for a set of Ti SIC guides

Haven't decided any other color patterns to the wrap but since the blank's green, I'm sure I'll have some green in there some wheres.

z520tom

The micro guides on the tip section of the rod will greatly enhance the sensitivity also. They take all the weight from the larger running guides off the tip section. I have used the micro's on all the rods I have built for the last six years. They are the way to go.

Back