Finally Some Light Winds

ScottV

I switched back to jigging out of the front of the boat this morning and caught 27 before noon. The Swap #11 jig did the best.
62ef191b-b2b6-d47a.jpg

62ef191b-b2ce-5823.jpg

62ef191b-b2fb-e8d4.jpg

62ef191b-b31c-1020.jpg

62ef191b-b334-0751.jpg

Squeakyboatcaptain

NIce Job Scott!!! Is that a Terrova TM??? does it have the iPilot if so?? I am thinking about getting one on my new boat, and want to get some reviews on it....
The jigs are awesome too!! I just tied a few similar...cant wait to fish mine.

ScottV

Thanks Fatman and Rad. One female I cleaned still had eggs. The crappie are still in the areas where they spawned. As you can see, the males still have their courting colors.

Jerry, yes that's a Terrova, 101 lb thrust with ipilot. I believe it would pull a skier. Lol I had a Powerdrive, 70 lb thrust with ipilot but the Terrova is much better. The PD would overheat when pulling cranks sometimes and just shut off. Then your boat stops and 10 crankbaits float to the surface. By the time I got everything untangled, it would have cooled off and I could go again. Lol. I haven't had any problems with the Terrova. It's 36v so I have 3 class 29 batteries. I can troll crankbaits at least 8 hrs with no trouble. You'll love the ipilot too. I use the spot-lock feature a lot when jig fishing tops or stumps.

StumpHunter

Good catch Scott. Your jigs look great and the crappie really like em too. I have not seen many spawning fish here lately but have been catching a lot of crappie in shallow water.

toadfrog

What is a light wind I live in Oklahoma . There is either wind or no wind when its 110 .

Lost Pole

Bootyful fish, bro. Structure related?
They should be about done in those nests by now? But I BET you catch em veeeery close for the next few weeks.
I know it's killing you to not pull out those Bandits. :)

ScottV

Ha Ha, I pulled cranks last Friday in the wind but the fish are still in their spawning areas. I jig fished this morning and caught 31.

Lost Pole

I knew it. Boy I'm so good. Will see me soon. Planning on a house on pontoons for your area. Might even introduce some gators. :)

Back