Feather Sale

hunter7711

I'm sure everyone is aware of the fad with women putting feathers in there hair. I had 3 Keough's grizzly hackle that I bought from Barlow's for $29.00 each. Since it was just sitting here and I didn't see me using it, I put it on ebay just to see what would happen. I listed it in both fishing and hair stylin. The three sold for $595. Looks I have some unexpected money. Now all I have to do is decide what I want for fathers day.

JUNGLEJIM1

Wow,I'd be placing another order with Barlow's for more. I have two drawers full,but unfortunately they are used. You can get a lot of tying materials with that money. It might be time to head over to Feathercraft and see if they have anything good left I can buy and put up on ebay.

quivira kid

A lady I work with had an extension with half a dozen or so feathers in it in her hair most of this past week. It looks neat, but every time I saw it I had to laugh inside because I knew it was so dang expensive!
Good work putting those things on eBay! If I had some extras, I'd try and do the same thing.

JUNGLEJIM1

I didn't know they were buying them loose as well. I have thousands of $$$ probably sitting in drawers right now. I can't sell a jig on ebay so I might sell some feathers,it's easier and you can make more money. I wish I knew about it earlier,guess I live under a rock.

jjsjigs

Banned
Us flyguys/flyshop owners have been bitching about this fad for about 6 months. I for one have had a hard time getting hackle at flyshops. I've gone straight to the source and have called Whitings & Metz. Both have raised their prices for necks/capes Grade #1 through #3's.

Hell, I would too... strike while the iron is hot!! Cause this fad won't be around too long. Make a little cash with about the 250 necks I own. Think about it.... when this fad is over there will be a GLUT of necks on the market, CHEAP!!!!

JUNGLEJIM1

I got a hot pink grizzly saddle with some feathers over 12 inches.I wonder what it will go for,maybe sell by the feather.

hunter7711

A lot of them sellin groups of 6-10 feathers. I'm going to visit ScottV in Sept. I already bought my ticket, but this will help a little making up that money.

JUNGLEJIM1

I just sold 15 hot pink grizzly saddle hackle feathers that were 9-12 inches long for $25 buy it now. The listing wasn't up an hour. There's hundreds of feathers left on that saddle so I'll be listing more. It's going to get me a couple more crosscut bunny skins. I was going to get three,now I'm getting five. I was looking at some yesterday and saw 50 feathers go for over $200. That's crazy.

ScottV

I hope this "feathering" fad doesn't last long. It's gonna get harder and harder to get good hackle for tying. I'm glad you benefitted from it though Hunter.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Jungle do some without buy it now to see what u can get! Salons here are selling them for over $4 a feather! Now they are putting midge flash in with he feathers and charging the same price for the flash.

JUNGLEJIM1

Maybe I should add some flash to the listing as well. I have a ton of some colors. My wife told me not to put a buy it now on it and I would have gotten more for it. I'm not greedy but might raise the buy it now $5 on the next listing. Ther's so much stuff I don't use I'd like to get rid of.

Fatman

I'm tempted to do it but If I did and then needed it I couldn't get any more, as all my local shops are out. well unless they "KNOW" you and know that your using it for tying flies. but it ain't as cheap as what I bought my stuff for.

I've got a full grizzly, ginger, barred ginger and a grizzly dyed green chartreuse!!! plus others and that isn't counting all my capes.

I'd really hate to see what it would cost to replace it. Hopefully this fad ends soon.

Fatman

JUNGLEJIM1

I went by Feathercraft and all saddles are history. The guy that runs the shop said he bought the saddles and is having his wife split them up and is selling them on ebay.He said they are making thousands of $$$$. The shop is selling a few saddle feather's they had remaing for $19.99 for 10 feathers. My advice is sell what you got and when the fad runs it's course you'll have plenty of $$$$ to buy more. I put a listing up for 10 hot pink grizzly saddle feather's last night and it's over $20 with a bunch of watcher's. This saddle is going to make me a lot of money before it's gone.

Back