Feather Sale II

LedHed

Sponsor
Following the lead of hunter 7711 & Jungle Jim – decided to dump some saddles. Still have a bunch of capes so not having saddles isn’t a real heartbreaker. I can easily wait for the fad to end and will be around to snap up the glut when the fad wears out.

This is an excellent opportunity to get rid of a bunch of old stock. Have some old Metz saddles I paid $10 to $12.50 for and they now have the potential to make $200 to $300 – not a hard decision. The Hoffman's and Keoughs are off the chart! And besides how many jig patterns does anyone tye that require the long saddles. You can still do the same patterns with hackle from a cape – it might take a couple of more hackles.

I sent a dozen to a member here, niece took 26 saddles today (took all the peacock eyes I had also), and I’m going to try to keep my last dozen saddles…. This is going to be very interesting.

JUNGLEJIM1

Right now I'd love to have a couple more saddles with those long thin feathers measuring 10" or more. The baby blue and the lt.pink that I dyed are off the chart. Some are selling for over $3 for a feather. I'll go to bed tonight and dream of a grizzly and a white saddle.

LedHed

Sponsor
ch - think it's all gravy now.
JJJ - sorry any saddles I have left over is spoken for. I do have a bunch of capes (necks) if that can help you out.

JJ1 - the dozen I'm keeping have 2 whites and 2 gizzlies but like to see if I can keep them. I've got a few low grade complete dyed grizzly skins I will send you. Think they have a bunch of 6" & 8" saddles on them.

This feather thing is insane.

Fatman

I have a Whiting Gold Grade Grizzly Half Saddle, a guy on a fly tying board was looking for some to tie flies and I posted I had one and he offfered me $20 bucks for it. Had to tell him no.

Fatman

JUNGLEJIM1

Fatman,put it up on ebay and if it's got a good count of the longer,thin feathers you can make 10x what he offered you.

Fatman

Jim

I only have a few LOL, The Metz is a grade 1, and the Whitings are all Gold Label

Dark Ginger, Grizzly, light ginger grizzly
100_1040.jpg

Dun, Black, white, Brown
100_1041.jpg

Chartreuse dyed
100_1042.jpg

JUNGLEJIM1

That grizzly or chartreuse would sell very well. It doesn't take much to get started on ebay. I was suprised today when an olive grizzly listing went for over $3 per feather,almost $40 for a dozen.

hhawkins

LOL! You all are crazy! This feather thing is crazy! Good for the sale of it. We still don't have any saddles in our store. Gets bought up left and right. MAN! LOL!

jjsjigs

Banned
I had a guy call my shop last night. He wanted every single saddle patch I had. You bet yer hiney I sold 'em all! $856 dollars later... I'm counting a stack of $20 bills. I'm loving this fad!

JUNGLEJIM1

I had 8 feathers in the 7-9 inch range go for $37.xx last night on ebay. Four colors,two of each that I dyed myself. I have six more colors of dye on the way to do a couple more white saddles. I think small lots are the way to go. Personally,I like necks and capes for tying anyway. I have two drawers full of those. I'll post more pics of half capes that I've dyed later,including the one hot pink saddle that I've been splitting up. The Mrs. counted the feathers last night but lost count around 300,so there's more than that.

SaltyBuckster

Just so they don't start putting bucktails in thier hair, everything will be alright with me,lol.You guys take advantage while you can.

Lost Pole

azslabber said:
Just so they don't start putting bucktails in thier hair, everything will be alright with me,lol.You guys take advantage while you can.

If I had hair, I'd try to start that trend…
Maybe like a chartreuse bucktail Mohawk with mirror flash

Fatman

I had posted the pics of my saddles on a fly tying site and some lady msg'd me offering $950 for everything but the Metz!!!! I msg'd back $1200 for everything, she hasn't answered back yet.

CrappieHappy

Fatman said:
I had posted the pics of my saddles on a fly tying site and some lady msg'd me offering $950 for everything but the Metz!!!! I msg'd back $1200 for everything, she hasn't answered back yet.

Lol.... I would have replied back SOLD!

Back