Favorite Flash Accent?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Just started tying with opal Flashabou Mirage - expensive but seems to be more kink & curl resistant than regular smooth tinsel. Interesting color flash shifts from purple-pink-green-gold. Not field tested yet, tho.

The original JJ2 fur/flash Basher jigs that converted me from soft plastics used gold smooth Flashabou tinsel and obviously worked great!

I like the look of holographic silver & gold Flashabou and got good results, but the color finish seems to strip off after a few bites.

What works for you?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
My fav is midge flash... really small diameter and love the pearl color, $4 per pack from Netcrafters. It does kink though. I have some from crazyangler with some similar diamater that i really like as well. That said, i am not opposed to giving a try to anything i can find, post christmas sales at the dollar stores sometimes have some fun stuff for cheap!

JUNGLEJIM1

My favorite flash is Sparkleflash by Tiewell of Australia.It's flat and wraps a great around hook shanks.I use it as an underbody on my duck jigs,my all time favorite bait for crappie and gills.I've been buying it on ebay for $2.50 per pack but the seller hasn't been listing any lately.Feathercraft sells it for twice that. Another favorite is DNA Holo-Fusion.Found some on ebay for $3.62 The midge flash is a good one as well.

JUNGLEJIM1

I just received a package from Barlow's and their POLARFLASH is almost identical to the SPARKLEFLASH.pRICE IS $3.99 Gonna tie a few ducks tonight and try it out.

OKSTATEjiggy

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
I just received a package from Barlow's and their POLARFLASH is almost identical to the SPARKLEFLASH.pRICE IS $3.99 Gonna tie a few ducks tonight and try it out.

Show us some pics :D

JUNGLEJIM1

View attachment 2View attachment 1Hopefully this will work. I changed the size of pics on the camera,I think.Today,I caught as many snags as fish,lost at least a dozen baits.When I got home the new pair of Ocean Wave sunglasses had arrived with a nick in the left lens.Hopefully, my luck will change.

Attachments

• IMG_2756.JPG
    IMG_2756.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2750.JPG
    IMG_2750.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2759.JPG
    IMG_2759.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 134

JUNGLEJIM1

View attachment 3Wow,my luck did change. Now that I got this down you'll probably get sick of seeing my pictures.The ones that are working the best have 3mm 3D glow eyes on them. Pics are coming.

Attachments

• IMG_2762.JPG
    IMG_2762.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 130

JUNGLEJIM1

Doc,the paint jobs are pretty easy.I use a bic lighter,a couple of nylon brushes which you can buy a couple dozen at wally world for $1.99. Heat your jig,dip in basecoat,take brush that's in second color of paint and tap lightly over top of head,turn head over pick up brush in third color and lightly tap baint in the last color over the belly. I do it all before the jig even cools.When I use stick on eyes before I paint I flatten the heads with some pliers that have a smooth inside surface so there are no creases. After putting on the eyes I use SH hard as nails to coat over the eyes. I've only been doing the multi color painted heads for less than a year,so start practicing and you'll get there pretty quick.

snake River

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Hopefully this will work. I changed the size of pics on the camera,I think.Today,I caught as many snags as fish,lost at least a dozen baits.When I got home the new pair of Ocean Wave sunglasses had arrived with a nick in the left lens.Hopefully, my luck will change.

your last picture jig on the right side with the spot on the feather looks excellent I think it would resemble a small bluegill you've definitely have a bunch of nice jigs.

Hippel

Been experimenting with UV krystal flash from Hareline. UV is supposed to be brighter and more easily seen by the fish in deeper water and from further away.

Back