Fall bassin- Florida style

earthworm77

My bass are keyed in on crawfish. The last couple of times I went fishing they smashed crawfish jigs harder than any other offering. I tied up a few wooly bugger style jigs with my own little twist.

007_zps9c9d0512.jpg

This guy crushed the brown/orange jig on my first cast
011_zps0b98f339.jpg

The fish got bigger as the day progressed.
012_zpsee656bd7.jpg

013_zps0e81b767.jpg

014_zps680f14a6.jpg

015_zps987f175e.jpg

016_zpsbb98665e.jpg

in all I caught 31 bass in about 4 hrs of my float. Missed a bunch and got about 15 on the hair jig.

earthworm77

I had a cormorant dive in on one of my areas and it scared every bass off of the tree and they sought refuge under my boat. I'd guess about 150 bass that looked to be keeper size and larger scooted out of an area no bigger than a mini van. Included were a couple of fish that looked like they were 10 inches across at the shoulders.....just huge, huge bass.

earthworm77

JSC said:
Lookin Good ... That clear water should make for some "Pickey" fish

I think the clear water scares off a lot of people. I have no problem with it. I have a few 100+ fish days a season and they come in the hottest part of summer. You just have to be stealthy. If the big ones see you first, you'll never catch them.

I tend to go lighter for these fish, most average 12 to 18 inches and there are always a few shots at bigger fish.

JSC

"I think the clear water scares off a lot of people. I have no problem with it. I have a few 100+ fish days a season and they come in the hottest part of summer. You just have to be stealthy. If the big ones see you first, you'll never catch them.

I tend to go lighter for these fish, most average 12 to 18 inches and there are always a few shots at bigger fish. "

that's good fishing !!!!

earthworm77

kinda funny, I was looking at the weather forecast today and I saw it was going to be cool, like in the 60's and I thought...wow, I'll fish every day next week....I took one step outside and was like brrrrrrr......what the heck was I thinking. lol

JSC

Rough Cold Front for this time of the year ... The wind around here has been a killer .. chill you to the bone.

earthworm77

The funny thing is, how much of a weather wimp I've become down here. I complain about the heat, I complain about it when it is 60 degrees, when it is windy etc. I'm never happy. haha

hookup

60df ... cold .... ??

You've been away from NY to long.

earthworm77

when it is 85 to 90 degrees for 6 months of the year, 50-60 degrees is nippy....it was actually 56 and windy when I emerged from the garage, it was cold for me.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Spring fed? Sure beats digging into sunken trees or hauling in more salad than fish.

Edit: going backwards, your previous thread mentions water source.

JUNGLEJIM1

Water is so clear it reminds me of some trout streams here. Bass streams here are usually stained to murky except winter months. Buggers are killers it looks like.

hookup

EW - speaking of chilly?

Lauched the kayak yesterday, it was 33dF. Fish were not active. By the time we finished the float 6 hours later, it was 53dF and we were overdressed.

To be able to fish in FL now is a treat.

Back