Fake News?

Hawnjigs

KISS
"[font=Georgia,]A [/font][font=Georgia,]new report[/font][font=Georgia,] from the nonpartisan non-profit Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) shows that President Trump has more than 2,300 conflicts of interest since he’s taken office — and counting. The conflicts stem from the president’s ties to his businesses, despite his claim that he divested when he took office."[/font]

"[font=Georgia,]Trump has visited his own properties 362 times so far — at taxpayers’ expense. The report notes that the number of days the president has spent at a Trump-branded properties — including the Florida resort Mar-a-Lago and his [/font][font=Georgia,]golf course[/font][font=Georgia,] in Bedminster, N.J. — account for nearly a third of the time he’s been in office."[/font]

[font=Georgia,]Red highlight is mine.[/font]

Bucho

Every dog trainer knows that negative response can be just as rewarding as positive one, depending on the dog. Trumps PR strategy thrives on folks like you, and you don`t get it. When I mention stuff like the art of the Greenland deal or the wildfire-preventing Finnish forest raking, I do it because to me its fun and I don`t care much about the outcome. Not my country, not my president (literally), not my concern. You however do give a .... and you still take the bait and carry on with it.

That is not a smart thing to do. People, including Trump supporters, are not blind. They can see for themselfes. Question is if they want to while somebody else is pushing their noses into these things. By constantly telling them not to be stupid, you insinuate that they were, and that is not helping. I just bought myself a "no future" shirt because of all the "fridays for future" kids that are going on my nerves.  

Over here, we have the German branch of PETA pulling the same strategy, grossing 8 million € revenue in donations with only 9 full members paying 3 million salary to a staff of 60emploees, getting 4 milion German anglers all worked up about a relentless flow of seemingly stupid, indecend provocations while most non-Anglers, including many serious environmentalists, have`nt even heard of them. You don`t hear me complain about PETA, do you? Instead, I acknowledge their success and analyse them for my own inspiration.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Bucho, I appreciate your commentary but beg to disagree that Mr. Trumps dishonest conduct is intelligent strategy. Simplifying, I ask you this, how does a mind deal with telling lies? Not saying you do of course, how about a dozen or more a day? Would this confuse one's ability to distinguish truth from lies? Consider the primary symptom of insanity - detachment from reality.

I live in a region where Mr. Trump received overwhelming support to get elected. My neighbors are generally wonderful people - hard working, law abiding, respectful of others. Twice i lost my credit card in our local grocery store and twice customers found and returned it to me. Yet generations of voting for Republicans and trusting their broadcast media of choice Fox News allowed them to overlook obvious warning signs of their chosen candidate - fraudulent "University", hundreds of lawsuits from creditors he stiffed, promising American jobs when his and his family's business products are made in China, refusal to release his tax returns, making impossible claims like a wall funded by Mexico etc.

Given the forums limited participation how many will actually be interested enuf to read my rants? Maybe only you, haha, thanks for that. I don't do social media, so just expressing my frustration, however futile.

Seriously tho, Americans need to become better informed of all sides of issues and expel foreign meddling in our media, and I hope my little squeaks may motivate someone to ask questions and seek answers.

Bucho

I believe it is more than me who read it, but the majority wil hold back a controverse opinion for fear of being ridiculed or hated for it. Maybe not here but in general. The safety of the internet makes many people say things that they would never utter into a real persons face.  

I do do social media. I also spent 10 years in financial sales where changing minds was what I did for a living so I know a thing or two about what it takes to achieve that. When I do social media, I do not expect to achieve anything else than own personal insight from analysing people`s resoponses. I do not believe that what I write there has an imact on people other than those who already know me in person and give something on it.

You have a point there with the lying. Working in finance, I have seen every kind of ruthless manipulation in the book but I cannot recall a true liar, at least not from business experience among successful people. Even if you are smart enough to get away with it, fully aware lying is not economycal. When you lie, your body is giving clues away that a person with good instincts can sense and turn away even if he has no information to the contrary. Every professional communicator will avoid that at all costs, regardless the ethical aspects. Trump however seems congruent with what he says, actually believing it. This is how he wins the simple minds over, and the not so simple minds who back him value that ability.  

Nevertheless. he knows how to get folks like you so worked up that it takes a lot of good will to still listen to you closely, to put it politely. He may not make stuff up on purpose, but I`m sure he is enjoying the "meow game" in one way or another.

hookup

but beg to disagree that Mr. Trumps dishonest conduct is intelligent strategy.

You are so naive

Also, I'll edit your comment for another fact that has actually been profitable for me

but beg to disagree that Mr. Trumps ... conduct is intelligent strategy.

When one is at POTUS' level, it's all about money and power.  

the German branch of PETA pulling the same strategy, grossing 8 million € revenue in donations with only 9 full members paying 3 million salary to a staff of 60emploees, getting 4 milion German anglers all worked up about a relentless flow of seemingly stupid,

You understand the liberal strategy of getting people worked up over 1/2 baked facts and their agendas to profit off of them

Personally, I'd rather gamble on the market - I understand it better than emotional marketing

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thinking awhile about it, guess i am naive for choosing to be content with modest economic means and avoiding deluding others for personal gain.

But the subject of this post was someone who brags about being a billionaire using the hard earned $ of those who struggle to survive paycheck to paycheck to pay for his personal vacations. So we're supposed to say "oh well, bizness as usual" and ignore it? Or consider it acceptable role model behavior?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Is there a connection between behavior by top tier supposed role models and the recent proliferation of mass murders?

Do media personalities, entertainment stars, elected officials influence our values, attitudes, and behavior?

Back