FairfieldFishingTackle on eBay

Hawnjigs

KISS
Let me start with something positive - Zeiner's and Barlows have both been excellent sources of Do-it molds. But, saw a combo football jig mold on eBay with an older mfg. run # and blue handle. So knee jerked into Buy it Now for $40 something bucks with free shipping. Then noticed that there were 2 available so messaged Seller FFT that unless the mold I bought was EXACTLY AS PICTURED to contact me before shipping. No reply, and today I got a black handle POS with actual HOLES in several cavities at what should be the pointy ends of the footballs.

View attachment 3

Attachments

• football mold.JPG
    football mold.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 94

Fatman

That POS would be going back, complaint filed and I'd see if payment could be stopped!! I've had 2 guys this year refuse to send me better pics or more pics of the molds they were selling. Did'nt even bid!!

Hope it works out for you!!!!!!!!!!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Seller has a 14 day return policy, still waiting for reply to Saturday message request for instructions. Now I know why Seller got 3 negatives within the past month for poor communication.

Looks like a mfg. error, but Do-it hasn't been receptive to my emails in the past.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Update, got a refund not including return shipping so left neutral feedback.
"Wrong pic, ignored hold shipping request, no return shipping refund."

Really, eBay is NOT the place to shop for consistent knowledgeable quality. Just paid top dollar $18 + SH for a ladle “Nice condition Uses No cracks or repairs SOLID!”(his words) from a used tool seller who I thought would know his stuff. Rust fixing the bowl was only cosmetic and after several hours of grinding off rust humps still had lots of remnant pitting left. Apparently tho he knew that uncommon smaller than 3" bowl diameter ladles have greater demand and fetch higher prices hence his description "Bucket is about 2 1/2" in diameter". Well, the bowl was oval shape 3-1/2" on the long side so was actually bulkier & heavier than my 3 inchers. But, that's eBay.

Fatman said:
Just ask for lots of pictures!!! and you'll find out who really wants to sell and who's full of S**T!!

Thats not always true, 99.99% of the time it is just a bunch of cheapskates asking for pictures with no intention of buying the item from the get go..... So it is sort of a two way street when it comes to who is full of POOP but speaking from experience it is usually the buyer that is not quite smelling like roses and usually has a second agenda in mind as well. Again that is just my thoughts on the matter

Fatman

Actually had a guy tell me that 2 years ago on an auction for a ZR blade bait mold (Silver Buddy) he finally sent the pics 20 mins. before the end of the auction - and for $65 bucks it now belongs to me!!!!

Back