epoxy based fluorescent red pp?

Bucho

Hi,

I´ve had durability issues and even some negative feedback on my tin spoons that made me switch to epoxy based clear for my mixes with much better results. I want to go epoxy  all the way but not sure about the color chart at Barlow´s .

The yellow chartreuse (002) is fine but red is equally critical for me as fluo red/black is a go-to saltwater color here. Ordering overseas is a big deal and I would like to order several pound at once. So please, if anyone has tried the reds please tell me which -if any - color is fluorescent.

Thanks!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if this will help with better pictures, but Barlow's gets their powder from CS Coatings.
Link: http://www.csipaint.com/products/powder-coatings/pro-tec-powder-paint.php
Hold your mouse over the color swatch pictures for a second and they enlarge the picture on a jighead and give the name. Looks like Barlow's uses the same product color numbers as CS so they should match up. The other colors CS offers are shown on a couple different pages.

I get most of my powder paint from Jann's Netcraft since they are somewhat local to me. I believe they use the same paint as well, but their numbers do not always match up with CS Coating. I have ordered what Jann's calls a Flo Red (no Flo Red listed in CS but they do have a Flame Red) and it is more of a fluorescent orange than it is red. Very bright, but i do not consider it red. Jann's also sells the standard red which is a typical fire engine or stop sign red. I know you don't want to order from Jann's because they do not sell by the pound but think they are all the same paints.

Pup

For whatever you intend to buy, I believe that you need to evaluate cured samples personally since you're evaluating for a business purpose.

Back