Enid Lake, MS

ScottV

I recently made a trip to Enid Lake, in northwest MS, with a fishing buddy SteveJ. We took my camper and boat and stayed 4 nights. C.com had a "fall camp" there on Sept. 11th. This is where the world record white crappie was caught in 1957, 5 lbs 3 oz.. We didn't catch anything like that but we caught some good ones. You have to throw back anything 12 in and under and we caught a bunch of 11 3/4 inchers. Man, that hurt! LOL The crappie up there are tall and thick and colored better than those in my home lake.
Me with our first good-en.
9e4a241c.jpg
The ironing board with some Enid slabs.
53e57f89.jpg
Steve with a big drum that hit his crankbait.
9d05ea00.jpg
Some of the crowd at the cookout.
IMG_6211.jpg
A few of the "almost tame" deer in the state park.
425f92d3.jpg

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Looks like a good time for all! Thanks for the pics. Dang Scott it looks like a zoo with all those deer feeding around!

hhawkins

That's a good mess of fish and a pretty good fish fry turn out. I see you invited the deer. Did any of them enjoy the fish fry too? LOL!

ScottV

hhawkins said:
That's a good mess of fish and a pretty good fish fry turn out. I see you invited the deer. Did any of them enjoy the fish fry too? LOL!

They did come up close enough to eat some boiled peanuts and french fries. We had a real good time. It was just too hot.

JUNGLEJIM1

One of these days I'm going to make it down there and fish some of those lakes. Great job,looks like you had a great time.

baitmaster

Scott, too bad it wasn't deer season out there, but at least the fishing was good.

ScottV

I recently found out that The State Of Mississippi is closing Cossar State Park, where we had the Fall Camp. Budget cuts. Sad news for sure, it's a nice place with cabin rentals and a nice campground.

StumpHunter

I just seen this post Scott, sorry for the late reply.
Looks like y'all had a blast. Good pics of the catch and of the deer. It is sad to hear the camp ground is closing. Hope something changes so it can stay opened.
Congrats on the weekend of fellowship.

Back