Electronics Forum

papaperch

Have a ton of knowledge in this area. Comment frequently on other sites concerning Fish finders FF/ GPS combos and even computers.

I am sure others on here have waded thru several makes and types of these over their fishing careers.

Just got thru helping a guy out on networking his two Humminbirds.

Usually lots of newbies needing advice also.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty simple when it comes to electronics...... but have seen some very impressive systems. Thought about having a separate forum for something like Rigging/Electronics on boats in the past. It is a possibility.

At some point this winter, i plan to over-haul the entire forum software before it gets too far out of date and help with some security issues as well. Hopefully it won't be quite as drastic a change that OGF went through.

Kdog

I'm still trying to get used to OGF.
Electronics realistically need their own forum... ie Fishfinder.com. I've used most of the systems available (I don't own any of them) but the Autopilot, wireless remote and spot lock are a dream come true. All the pretty pictures are neat, But I don't fish for grocery carts, compact cars, etc,,, I just wanna know where the fish are and what kinda bottom structure/cover I'm fishing.

I've been out with a number of people that have great tools, but no idea what they can do with them and worse, no idea how to use them. So a forum would be nice but I think is should be separated from this forum.

Jig Man

Thank you for the heads up papaperch. I have been researching what is new and available. Will prolly be contacting you before I drop the hammer. Lookin real hard at Motorguide/Lowrance....

papaperch

Jigman- Research Garmin while you are still shopping . They impressed me enough to switch over from Humminbirds. My pocket book wishes it had not impressed me. I now have an 1198C Humminbird and a 360 View transom mount that are now serving as " hood ornaments ". My poor 16' Lund looks like an electronics lab.

One thing all three Garmin , Lowrance and Humminbird all have systems that will fit most everyones need and size of investment.

skeetbum

This is a very old thread but I’ve come to the point that I feel like I don’t know much about todays fishdinders. My last ones were 798s, I had two, and an 898. I left them on boats I sold to force myself into upgrading. I dont have lots of room for a large unit as I’m in a 16’ Jon. Have to have SI and GPS, and have found DI helpful in the past. User friendly is a must as I’m not dumb but I do get tech challenged at times. Any input would be great, budget $1000 or under.

Back