eagle claw eaker shaker blades

Bucho

Thumbnail sized small chatterbaits have earned themselves quite a reputation over here as stable producers of specimen perch. Since they retail at a healthy 10€ in specialized shops I was looking for a more expendable alternative and finally found a shop in the UK where I sampled the entire size range.

The package arrived today. I am very impressed not only with the lure action but more than that the speed range covered- other blades collapse when trolled - and also the size range reaching from 1/64 to 1 1/2 oz. First field testing involved no fish, which again says nothing about the lure at this time and season, there´s not much fish around.

I know that similar effects can be achieved with self cut plastic discs, but that would mean I had to know what I´m doing.... And given the rather modest price, its not really worth the time for me. Has anybody gathered some experience with these?

22466254bc.jpg

JUNGLEJIM1

Just came across this after buying some smaller chatterbait style blades from overseas, not even exactly shore where they are coming from. Really like how these look, going to check prices. If you like their action that's good enough for me.

JUNGLEJIM1

I came across a great deal on these. Started at $.50 per pack of 2. $45 for 100 packs so I bought 115 to get me over the $50 minimum. Just saw them on ebay for $5.99 per pack so I think I got a deal. Bought several sizes in nickle and brass. Looks like I'll be set with blades for awhile. These will work with standard jig hooks or the cross eye hooks. Chatter baits have been working well for me the last couple weeks tying them using rabbit and rubber combos. Even caught a couple on a hot pink chatterbait yesterday before it got hot. Maybe get some pictures up tomorrow.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Jig Man....... i have resisted the urge to try (buy) chatter baits so far. But dang it, they seem like they would go hand in hand with a good long hair tie to make a whole bunch of action. Think i am going to have to break down and buy me a few to throw on in front of my favorite bass and walleye jigs.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I don't follow fads either, but not too long ago a fellow angler insisted on showing me Chatter Bait action and holy sh** those thing shimmy! Kind like the Scrounger jig, for those old enuf to remember.

Then again in total contrast there's the Midwest finesse Ned rig tekneek. And wacky jigging. And dropshotting. And...

JUNGLEJIM1

That's where I got mine FM and with the two packs the duo lock snaps come with them. Found a great deal for the duo lock snaps on ebay. 500 FOR $11.99 plus shipping. When I first tied one with rabbit and used it watching it shake and flutter I knew this was a keeper for me. I've caught bass on every color that I've tried. With the variety of sizes the Eaker shaker has and the fact it will go on any hook how can you not try them. I can't wait to get some of the smaller sizes to play with for crappies, trout and who knows what else. Tying some smaller craft hair jigs for when they do make it here.

Kdog

Giving Serious thought to buying 2000 (1000 nickle, 1000 brass) of the small sizes. 0.065 each but willing to send lots of 50 for what what I got in them if anyone is interested. If I can move half of them, I will probably pull the plug and buy some.

Kdog

As a trial I bought 250 assorted sizes of both niickle and brass, cant wait to see what I can do with them

JUNGLEJIM1

Mine shipped yesterday priority mail so should be here soon. I bought 115 two packs so should keep me going for awhile but if they work as well as I think they are going to I'd be happy to split a big order. I bought several sizes so not sure what will be best for me until they get here. So many jigs are possible to use with them as well as using soft plastics.

JUNGLEJIM1

I got my box yesterday and already tried them. They have a very nice action and caught a couple bass with a craft hair jig with blade. Bad part was the retail 10 ct. boxes that they come in were short with as few as 7 in a box instead of 10. Ended up being 8 packs short. With the two smaller sizes 35 packs didn't come with the cross loc snap so I had to order a couple hundred off ebay. I did place another order getting other sizes that I didn't get with my first order. I left a note telling them about my shortages so we'll see what happens with that.

Back