Eagle Claw distinction

smalljaw

Well I have been real happy with the new Eagle claw black platinum series and when I went to order some hooks I found that I was getting the wrong ones which is why they were really cheap too. It seems EC has a 570BP with is the 570 black platinum but the also have a L570BP which is the lazer sharp black platinum, I order those and they were more expensive but I wanted to see the difference since I was happy with the regular 570BP. Well my hooks came in today and wow, the difference is shocking! These really look different in the point and barb and so does the finish, the other BP were basically a matte finish while these shine, typical black nickel and really sharp, when I pour some heads earlier I was just holding the hook between my thumb and index finger while I filed the sprue down, I left the hook go and my finger was bleeding, the barb stuck in enough to draw blood, these are awesome. BTW, this isn't meant as a commercial or anything, I wasn't sure if anyone had these as I had only got the BP, I didn't know they made a different hook of the same syle with a laser sharp designation, these are the comparison hooks for the Mustad 32746.

smalljaw

Fatman said:
Almost double the cost are they really that worth it???

YES!!!! I wasn't exaggerating when I told you that the barb drew blood as I was holding it. Now I was holding a size #1 pretty tight as I was giving a jig head a couple swipes with the file and when I put it down and went to get the next head I saw the little red dot and it was tiny blood spot. I pulled out my size #2 Mustad 32746 and the EC is sharper, believe it or not but it is. I never knew there was 2 different ones and until my last order and I wanted to give you guys a review because even though they are high in price compared to the regular 570BP they are still a good bit cheaper than the Mustad 32746 and I think it is a better hook. If you're not sure order 100 to try the next time you need hooks. I only got the size one but in April when I get my next order I'm going to get 1000 or the 1/0, and the #2 and mayber another 250 of the #1. Yeah FM, I liked the normal 570 in the black platinum but the laser sharp is a much better hook.

redman

SJ good to know . I use the EC in laser sharp for catfish jug and trotlines they are razor sharp and very seldom lose a fish on them. I have got so use to the Sickles but they some times have trouble with the tempering. Might have to give them a try for the pony heads.

Redman

JSC

Have tried several of the New Eagle Claw and they have been top of the line .. Finish has held up great in SW.
Hook set is super .. Thanx SMJaw for the information.

Back