Dunno about these guys...

Hawnjigs

KISS
http://www.countycomm.com/tweezer.html

Besides these well reviewed tweezers, lots of neat outdoor stuff, so I put together an order in their efficient shopping cart system. Chose Paypal, signed in, reviewed order, then on the final confirm page the $9.95 shipping had jumped to $25.00 with no explanation or approval request. Nope, didn't go thru with it.

Hawnjigs

KISS
This company claims to be fed contractors specializing in military supplies. Imagine what they're doing with our taxpayer dollars apparently not subject to oversight. We're more concerned with higher priorities like keeping an eye out for high hog food stamp spenders.

Pup

Hawn,

Honestly, if you want to purchase exceptional non-surgical tweezers, I'd try a pair made by Tweezerman. Surgical tweezers might be better, but mine work way better than anything that I could find at the fly shop.

They're available most anywhere with a cosmetics counter or department.

Many cosmetic beauty tools can be serious implements for fly and jig tyers imo.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Pup, my primary source of reviews for most anything is Amazon first, then forum discussion sites if any. Tweezerman products reviews were love-hate erratic, but the consensus seemed to be similar to the Uncle Billy's "they don't make em like they used to". I do like the cosmetic scissors you recommended for tying, but my use of the tweezers is for splinters and my wife's bad hair days.

A really helpful Amazon Uncle Billy's reviewer posted that the newer mfg. defective ones could be improved by bevel honing. One major complaint about newer Tweezermans was the steel was softer, and the tips bent quickly. Can't fix that.

Back