Disco Powder Paint/pic's added

duffy

I saw that Netcraft had what they called Disco powder paint so I threw some into my order. It is pretty much real fine glitter in clear but seems to work better than the mixture that I tried to mix up with clear and Hobby lobby glitter. Tested some on a junebug flake jig I had and it really added more sparkle but I think it'll work better in a fluid cup to help keep the clear from getting too thick and bulking up the jig. Also may help to even out the glitter as it seemed thicker in some areas. I'll post some sample pic's on flat metal so hopefully it'll show up better.
(Update)  Ok tried to mix a few combos together to give some examples. Really hard to get the colors to come out right in the pics but here goes. The colors I got were Gold, Red, Green, and Junebug.  On the Junebug I have that color in a flake paint but also dipped the left half into the disco glitter and hopefully you can see that it adds more sparkle. The gold is really dense and you can cover up the base color fairly easy. On the red flake the first one is plain, second is candy pink and then with the red disco over the top of the candy pink. The pic really doesn't show how cool it really looks, it's like a ruby slipper and hopefully the close up will show better. The others are gold on black, junebug on chartruse, red flake on flo orange and just some other odd combo's.  I think this stuff should give a few more options with color combos and give some more flash to your jigs. 

View attachment 4View attachment 5

Attachments

• glit2.jpg
    glit2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 107
  • glit.jpg
    glit.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 99

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I did see they had the disco paints and some new textured paints too. Are any of the disco paints a holographic type glitter that reflect multiple colors? They look like they have good flash. Thanks for the pictures.

duffy

Russ, they are pretty much a straight color. The only one that's multiple is the june bug and that's just a mix of different color glitter. The pic's don't do any justice as they glitter much more than shown. There's a technique to getting it applied even too. On those stand up jigs it has a tendency to flow into the low spots so getting the right temp before dipping helps. I'm going to try a different filter in my fluid bed to see if I can get the stuff to float better.

Back