Deer Hair Mouse

jjsjigs

Banned
I was playing with deer hair last night. Behold the Hair Mouse.. or rat? I think it's more "mousy" than ratty.

2011-03-09_19-44-34_126.jpg

Since all of my waters are "Blown da F**K Out" and will be probably until April. (Flood stage is 16ft on the Susquehanna River and the NWS is projecting a crest at 24ft.) Time to build an ark.

Anyways... I wondered... "Hmmm.... how do I know that my mouse will be a productive pattern?" Ah! Lightbulb!! My housecat 'Sadie" will give me feedback!

825139322_photobucket_25146_.jpg
825139322_photobucket_25145_.jpg
2011-03-09_19-49-07_539.jpg

Ah! A money fly! She likes it. Now I probably should have debarbed that hook! Kitty on the fly, anyone? Oh crap... PETA will definitely be after me now.

oldfox

:D Great looking tie ! Very realistic looking! Your having problems with floods, I want this 3 1/2 feet of snow off my lawn! Looking forward to Spring! Hope kitty survives the hookup :rolleyes:

oldfox

I'd like to see one jj. I used to do it, but that was many years ago! ;)

JUNGLEJIM1

Great looking mouse.The only spinning with deer hair I've ever done was by accident. A lot of work goes into baits like that.

toadfrog

That my friend is a very good job . Those types of lures require a lot of TLC . Glad to see you are keeping alive an old time honored tradition.

jjsjigs

Banned
I'll be working on other various things (I just got slammed with orders). So unless a customer orders a mouse I won't be tying one for about a week when things get quiet again. However I did start a tutorial. I promise guys. A deer mouse tutorial will be here soon.!!

Mack

the cat was looking at you like "what the hell are you doing" lol... awsome tie man looks realistic

Back