Cut a bunch of holes....

Uncle Grump

and not alot to show for it - 1 strike - and I missed.

We have been having alot of wind lately - driving the wind chill down in to negative numbers - that combined w/ working, left me one day (today) to hit the ice, as the temps are already dropping for a return of the Siberian Express later tonight.

Air temp was in the 20's, but a NW wind was blowing - and some light snow was flying - looked real "North Woodish".

This was my first time out this year, and I pondered the "where to go" - finally decided on a area flood control reservoir - 68 acres in size. Not a big lake, but no driving on it - so walking thru 6-8" of crusty snow made it's self known in short order.

I started making holes every 10-12 paces - from the landing toward a peninsula - an area I'd caught fish (sunfish) in the past. I jigged a small spoon tipped w/ a couple waxies, try it for 10 minutes, and w/ no action, hit the next hole. Finally got in to some deep water (creek channel) by the peninsula - saw a faint blip (red = fish) on the flasher screen, a fish - I think I was in shock to see it - get ready me thinks, and while I was getting ready, it hit and was gone. :beat-up:

Oh well - maybe next weekend....

UG

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like not too bad a day with the weather, would have made it better to find some fish. When those marks show up on slow days, just about makes you jump sometimes. Dragging gear through the snow sure lets me know how out of shape i am.

Back