custom mold maker

Bucho

Hi,

no more monkey business with my moded usd wobble jig that sells like hot cake! I need a decent clean multi-cavity production mold, with handles and everything. Can anybody recommend a commercial mold maker? Prefferrably a guy who is familiar with jigs, can work with samples and doesn`t require a cad file or something.

hookup

Couple past posts on this when I was looking for a custom mold maker

Turned out to be to expensive for me, so dremel and JB Weld did everything I needed

Bucho

The mold from Bob La Londe "CnC molds n stuff" arrived today, making me a very happy jig crafter. Couldn`t ask for better work. The grips seem a bit flimsy at first, compared to the solid-casted do-it ones, but the mold works a charm. I ordered one cavity of the 1/7th, 3 of the 9/8th and one modified heavier Version of the USD Wobble jig. Bob asked in advance if it was ok to make them a hair thicker which I agreed to since other than the original, this variant is not supposed to go anywhere but down. He also thought of the surface to have just an idea of an angle for easier release (forgot the word he used), something that didn`t seem to occur to those Do-It people when they made the wobble jig mold. The casts pop out with unreal ease, even with my rather hard tin alloy. The surface is just rough enough for the paint to stick. Nice high sprues, nice air slots, very precise, very thought through.

Bob has a "procedure" one has to follow that reminded me a bit of Seinfeld episode #116 but considering what he does for a living and who he is dealing with as customers, I tip my hat to his organisation skills  :icon14: Apart from that he`s a plesure to do business with. I highly recommend!

36497136rz.jpg

36497137sp.jpg

toadfrog

Bob is a very talented guy . He does a lot more than molds . I only wish I had a tenth of his abilities.

Back