Custom made molds

toadfrog

Mold no 3 looks to be a plastic mold . Great job on all of them robber . I have a few of ledhed's chubs I'm hording back . I've done some special no see work on. They are going to get me a no.3 wash tub full of crappie when the weather settles.

robbor

the last 2 jigs were made in a silicone mold i made. 1/90 oz on a #12 hook and 1/220 oz on a daiichi #20 hook. I dont have any reduced pic to show.
The 48 cavity bead looking mold is for micro sized plastics I made but ive never shot.
Here is another plastics mold but i did not make this one.
b73.jpg

I have dabbled in all kinds of molds, the worst are plaster molds, lol.
Here is my master and attempt at a no roll sinker.
a10.jpg

a10.jpg

Ill post some silicone molds after a while.

AtticaFish said:
Welcome to the site robbor!

Good looking molds and they look like they make some nice clean heads! Is the last mold you have pictured what was used to make the lead beads that are on the hook in the last picture - left side - or is that something different? That 'beaded' look is pretty cool, almost looks like a waxworm or maggot all by it self.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Hey "robbor", looks like you're getting real comfortable with the CNC. Do you own one? Lots of demand for custom molds if you're looking for payback.

Those leggy 4-tail plastics are the first I've seen designed for a barb collar jig head that could possibly outfish my(JiggerJohn design) rabbit fur ties.

Thought I knew jig hooks, but what is the black heavy wire in the larger pill head?

LedHed

Sponsor
Owner hooks maybe...

robbor - Is that plastic craw mold available for purchase? Looks like it has a lot of meat for a barb. How long are they?

robbor

Theres not alot of meat, they are designed for 1/32 heads or smaller, basically #10 hooks. I cant tell you the length exactly probably 3/4", small for bluegill and crappy. I took a class in cnc about 2 years ago, I dont have access anymore.
But i dot have stuff to make silicone molds that i made way before cnc. Ill post some pic later.

LedHed said:
Owner hooks maybe...

robbor - Is that plastic craw mold available for purchase? Looks like it has a lot of meat for a barb. How long are they?

robbor

Sorry i missed it, the pill heads are likw 3/32, 1/8, 1/4 oz with mustad ultra 32746 as i recall. the big head has a #2.

Hawnjigs said:
Hey "robbor", looks like you're getting real comfortable with the CNC. Do you own one? Lots of demand for custom molds if you're looking for payback.

Those leggy 4-tail plastics are the first I've seen designed for a barb collar jig head that could possibly outfish my(JiggerJohn design) rabbit fur ties.

Thought I knew jig hooks, but what is the black heavy wire in the larger pill head?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, pics can be deceiving - the shape of the #2 hook is 32746 but the wire gauge looks heavier like Owner. And, the smaller hooks with the longer appearing straight point legs look Dai-ichi or Gamakatsu.

How does the oversize double barb collar work for you?

With your CNC skills, maybe a custom mold maker could hire you? 6 months lead time means they might need some help.

LedHed

Sponsor
"Wow, pics can be deceiving" - yea they are.

If you ever want to get rid of the plastic UL crawdad mold - I want it!

Back