Custom Crappie Rod....

LRB

Here is one of the crappie rods I made for a friend of mine...it has a crocodile handle and foregrip....he has used the heck out of this rod...it is one of six he had me build....this is just one heck of a rod !!

MaryLou~~

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 218

LRB

Doc Crappie said:
I like your style I dont recall seeing anything like these on the web any where? How did you come about using snake skins on the grips, I for one would never ever have thought of that idea, truly awesome rods.

As far as I know..I am the only rodbuilder who covers handles in snakeskin....my friend who fine tuned my rodbuilding skills taught me how to apply snakeskin to a handle..he had surgery and lost the manipulation in his fingers...so he passed it on to me...he has been with me since day one and we are good friends !!
Been building the snakeskin rods for about six years ...this photo is a western diamondback rattlesnake rod..

ML~~

Attachments

• 25670_1092261002724_1712507879_175442_680326_n.jpg
    25670_1092261002724_1712507879_175442_680326_n.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 212

LRB

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Very cool rod handles on those rods.I'd like to see the whole rod.What kind of blanks do you use?

The western diamondback rod is a 6'6 bass rod...I do not have a photo of the entire rod.....I use BenchMark...St.Croix..Lamiglas...etc...what ever you would want.

ML~~

wtex

Rod building is something that I would like to get into as a hobby. For myself and as gifts to friends. I just don't know where to start. And have not had the time to devote to it. LRB does great work. I know the Sandwichmaker.

LRB

wtex said:
Rod building is something that I would like to get into as a hobby. For myself and as gifts to friends. I just don't know where to start. And have not had the time to devote to it. LRB does great work. I know the Sandwichmaker.

The SandwichMaker is one of my dearest friends...and just one heck of a jig tier !!:)
I would be glad to help you get started in rodbuilding...

MaryLou~~

Back