Crappie Masters tournament on Lake Fork

Squeakyboatcaptain

I fished in the Crappie Masters tournament on Lake Fork a couple of weeks ago ( my first Tournament ). It was a tough day of fishing.... the wind was howling up to 25 mph and the lake was more like a small ocean. I had found a really good brush pile the day before, but it was out in open water... We caught a couple of 2# ers, and left it be for the tourney....
we were able to get on it first thing in the morning, and pulled one 2# fish, and one just under 2#'s.... then the torrent of wind came, and we had to leave.....I was taking waves over the bow of the Skeeter, and my feet were soaked....
We fished all day with only one bite, which I lost at the side of the boat..... then about 1:30 the wind died back down.... just enough to get back over the honey hole.... and it was game on!!! we boated about 10 fish in just under an hour, and had to cull through a couple to get our best 7 fish.
We ended the day in 12th place with a total weight of 12.49 #'s for our day. We had 2 fish over 2#'s one at 1# 15 oz. and all the rest were about 1# 10-12 ounces.
It turned out to be a good day after all.... I ended up getting a Spike-it color c-lector and a 100.00$ gift card to Bass Pro Shops....So got my money back out of the deal...
Definitely going to have to fish a few more tourneys!!

1364351151.jpg
1364351173.jpg
1364351190.jpg

A fellow asked us for our 2 fish that were over 2#'s to do a mount with 7 fish over 2#'s. He collected enough fish at the tournament to do 2 stringers!!!
The winning weight was over 15 #'s thats better than a 2 # average.... that lake never ceases to amaze me!!! I am blessed to live so close to it!!

Radtexan

Awesome Jerry...I guess I missed you were fishing it...Its that the infamous Dutch your fishing with ???? and how did that come about...

We had a little thread going here about it,with Robert and Robert,but Im sorry I missed you !!! Congrats on the BIG finish !!!

Squeakyboatcaptain

Yes Roger.... That is the infamous Mr. Dutch!! I have been fishing with him and his son quite a few times in the last year. I had asked his son to fish with me, but he had to work..... So Mr. Dutch stepped up. They like to fish some of the same lakes as I do, and we have a lot in common. He can sure put some fish in the boat!!
I think there were about 45 boats or so in the tourney... So we did OK for a couple of first timers.

redman

Congrats Jerry looks like you two fellows had a good time. Never fished Fork it is hard to fish any where else when you live so close to the water as I do.

Redman

Back