Crappie Jigging 3-21

ScottV

My buddy and I hit our local res this morning and despite the cold north wind, we came home with 45 nice crappie. All were caught on jigs in 8 to 10 fow. Some of the females were dripping eggs from their anal fins. I couldn't get them all on the "ironing board" so I just displayed some of the bigger ones.
u4a8ydyb.jpg

yheme2y6.jpg

u7ymy3ap.jpg

ScottV

Thanks guys, we were catching fish like crazy when I went to turn my Terrova with the ipilot and cut my transducer cable into. That ended our day cause I couldn't zero in on the stumps anymore.

StumpHunter

Awesome catch Scott. The big girls are doing their thing so the big males should be there also. Congrats on the catch. Hope you can get the cable fixed. I took my tranducer off my trolling motor because of the same thing was going to happen. I plan to build a drop down bracket to hold my ducer. Just need to get the right materials.

ScottV

StumpHunter said:
Awesome catch Scott. The big girls are doing their thing so the big males should be there also. Congrats on the catch. Hope you can get the cable fixed. I took my tranducer off my trolling motor because of the same thing was going to happen. I plan to build a drop down bracket to hold my ducer. Just need to get the right materials.
I ordered a new transducer yesterday and it just got here via FedEx. Tackle Warehouse had them for $69.99 with overnight shipping for just $10. I like the idea of the drop down bracket. The way the Terrova deploys, there's no good way to run a transducer cable down the shaft. I'm gonna try to splice the old cable back together and have a spare, in case I do it again.

ScottV

Thanks Mel. Notice the fish in that bottom pic has a jig in her mouth. I bet that would make a good swap jig. Lol What y'all think?
jatu6uqa.jpg

Back