Crapped out BUT

papaperch

Tired of waiting rain to go away so went for a lil evening crappie fishing. Did not go out in boat decided to try from causeway of Berlin.

Upon arrival I noticed several " wedbeds " off the causeway I never noticed before. As I got down to where I wanted to try I noticed the " weedbeds " were moving. Since they were moving toward me I stood still. As they neared me I realized they were hundreds of carp feeding on the surface.

They were so close I could have gigged them with a frog gig. They were so intent upon feeding they paid me no mind what so ever. I tried to identify waht they were feeding on to satisfy my curiosity but could see nothing.

By the way the crappies were absent and all I managed were three undersized bluegills. Going out in boat tommorow regardless if raining or not just tired of waiting.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I think i would have been tempted to put a hook into one of those carp!!! Sounds like you should have a good day to get out tomorrow - weather wise - so hope to see a boat filled with fish by tomorrow evening. Good Luck!

Not to rub salt in your wounds but... perch were hitting off the dock @ Willard last weekend. A stringer full went 9" or better. :cool: The wind was brutal though. Tried fishing from my yak for 2 hours before i gave that up and beached it to fish from shore. :beat-up:

Hawnjigs

KISS
Coupla CO reservoirs are infested with air sucking carp pods. Too many of them around & they are a nuisance, not only biting crappie jigs but being unusually prone to being foul hooked. The first one or two might be fun, but eventually 10-20 minute battles take up time preferably spent on more edible species.

Back