Crankbait Ninja Strikes Again

ScottV

Steve, Wayne and I pulled cranks for about 4 hrs. this morning. It was a little slower bite today and we caught a bunch of "dinks". We wound up with 25 keepers and had a great time.
IMG_5886.jpg
My mug with a couple of the better ones.
IMG_5892.jpg
And the best pic of all.
IMG_5897.jpg

ScottV

ragged edge said:
Nice going! When do we eat?

Be glad to fix you a plate. I'm gonna fry some up tonight with hush puppies, corn and potatoes boiled in crab boil, and sweet tea. Yum Yum:p

Stevej

I see what you mean about your pix, ha ha, next time let Pam hold the fish, she's much much better looking. Enjoyed our trip. I'm fixing up my push pole carolina style for next time, maybe less tangles.

ScottV

Yea the ironing board is just the right hieghth (sp?). I got it at WalMart and glued 2 cutting boards on it, (Redneck cleaning station). Ha Check out the aftermath!
IMG_5898.jpg
Y'all come on over!

ScottV

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
The corn and taters with the crab boil I've yet to try but it sounds delicious.

JJ, I use about 1 teaspoon of the liquid crab boil in a boiler that size. It don't make it hot, but has a good flavor.

StumpHunter

Congrats on the catch, nice mess of crappie. The aftermath looks great!;) Good to see y'all are staying on em and finding fish each time out.

ScottV

StumpHunter said:
Congrats on the catch, nice mess of crappie. The aftermath looks great!;) Good to see y'all are staying on em and finding fish each time out.

Thanks Ronnie, as long as we follow the creek channel with the GPS map, we usually do pretty well. I've got to find a way to get more time out of my trolling motor though. My boat is heavy, plus it's usually 3 of us fishing, so I get from 4 to 5 hrs out of my batteries. I'm thinking of getting 2 spare batteries and rigging a switch.

Stevej

Thanks Ronnie, as long as we follow the creek channel with the GPS map, we usually do pretty well. I've got to find a way to get more time out of my trolling motor though. My boat is heavy, plus it's usually 3 of us fishing, so I get from 4 to 5 hrs out of my batteries. I'm thinking of getting 2 spare batteries and rigging a switch.
[/quote]

Usually it is too hot to stay out after your batteries give out anyway. We will take my batteries for back up to Enid with us, hopefully it will have cooled off enough to stay out a little longer, I want to see what a 3 lber looks like in the flesh.

Back