Crane swivels

00buck

Looking for size 12 crane swivels at the cheapest price possible will buy 100-1000 at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatman

Call Robert at Crazy Angler Tackle, last batch I got was $33 a thousand, got something else and paying a little more for the cranes saved me money. You can also check Hagens as they sell by the 1000 also. http://www.hagensfish.com/ #12 Deluxe crane swivels in the 2015 catalouge are $30.20

00buck

I ordered 3000 swivels & 3000 hooks a thousand of each size 6 size 4 and 1/0 now I need to figure out how to powder paint them with out getting paint in swivl and how to make he eyes on them oh and it's pony heads any advice

LedHed

Sponsor
Use the foil or cold water method for the swivels. For the eyes - I would flatten the eyes in a vise, or use channel locks, or you could have a mold pinned (that's what I have). Then use 2D or 3D eyes.

00buck

LedHed said:
Use the foil or cold water method for the swivels. For the eyes - I would flatten the eyes in a vise, or use channel locks, or you could have a mold pinned (that's what I have). Then use 2D or 3D eyes.

What is the cold water method and how do you pin a mold and what size eyes would I use I am making different sizes

Kdog

Cold water method... after heating the swivel only is dipped in cold water for just a second or so, shake off residual water and dip in pc.

Pinning 0 drill a gole in the mold at the desired location and insert a pin long enough to for the depression in the jig head

1/32 heads = 3mm eye, 1/16 heads = 3 or 4mm eye, 1/8 heads = 4 or 5 mm eye

00buck

Ok thanks for the help how do you attach your eyes

HairyMooseKnuckles

Kdog said:
Cold water method... after heating the swivel only is dipped in cold water for just a second or so, shake off residual water and dip in pc.

Pinning 0 drill a gole in the mold at the desired location and insert a pin long enough to for the depression in the jig head

1/32 heads = 3mm eye, 1/16 heads = 3 or 4mm eye, 1/8 heads = 4 or 5 mm eye

THANK YOU Kdog!!! You're the man! I just copied this and put in my notes. I've been wondering about eye sizes!!!

Back