Crab Dip

hhawkins

This recipe works for people who love shellfish and for folks that are allergic to shellfish.

1 can of crab meat or 1 package of imatation crab
2 (8oz.) of cream cheese
1 bottle of Hinez Cocktail sauce
Ritz crackers

Cream cheese at room temperture, press into the bottom of a serving bowl.
Drain crab meat in can and spread over top of cream cheese or chunk the imatation crab meat and spead on top of cream cheese.
Pour contents of Hinez Cocktail sauce over Cream cheese and crab.
Dig in using the Ritz Crackers. A layered dip that everybody will love

ScottV

I am allergic (big time) to shellfish. Could I eat the imatation crab meat? I always figured it was flavored with crab juice or something.

hhawkins

ScottV said:
I am allergic (big time) to shellfish. Could I eat the imatation crab meat? I always figured it was flavored with crab juice or something.

Hi Scott! That imatation crab meat is nothing but cooked pollock, just a salt water fish. Pick up a package and read the back. I don't believe there is any crab juice in it. I wouldn't want you to get sick.

ScottV

I trust you hhawkins, but even the word crab makes me itch. LOL I'd be going to the emergency room if I ate any. Usually I can tell if something has crab or shrimp in it cause as soon as it hits my mouth, I can feel my tongue swelling. Time to spit! LOL

hhawkins

ScottV said:
I trust you hhawkins, but even the word crab makes me itch. LOL I'd be going to the emergency room if I ate any. Usually I can tell if something has crab or shrimp in it cause as soon as it hits my mouth, I can feel my tongue swelling. Time to spit! LOL

I'm sorry Scott. I think of something else to put on here so you can eat it. The last thing I want to do is make a friend sick. :s

ScottV

I bet I could boil some crappie filets with crab (that word again) boil and use the same recipe and it would be good. I know that the "crab" cake recipes are good with "crab" boiled crappie in them.

hhawkins

ScottV said:
I bet I could boil some crappie filets with crab (that word again) boil and use the same recipe and it would be good. I know that the "crab" cake recipes are good with "crab" boiled crappie in them.

Now that sounds good! Try that and see what you think. I've seen the last mess of crappie you've caught, good lord those are some fish.

Back