Couple New Projects

papaperch

shads.jpg

The ones above the ruler in the pic are what I am going to wring out next. Especially if I can you all know who to make a custom jig for me. Would like to see these with a recessed eye. They have an excellent shad profile. The guy I used to get them from has either quit or passed on.

The ones below the ruler are a little different, the eyes are clear rhinestones then painted over with a transparent chartreuse latex paint.
I took duck fedders and prepped them like I was going to use for hackle.
Then trimmed an even bunch for both sides of jig head. That was the one on left. The one on right was hackle feathers on bottom and Congo hair on top.

These will help keep me busy until ice comes on.

JUNGLEJIM1

Those heads at the top are unique reminding me of a lot of crankbaits that are out now.Maybe they got the idea from those jigheads. Cooool heads...

toadfrog

If I ever get a table top drill mill I'm going to redo some old molds . Getting someone to do molds has gotten old for me . I'm tired of not getting answers from folks that are reportedly great guys to do business with. I really like the top ones . They look like my plastic twin tail shad . And the minnow head on bottom I could recess the eyes on a Do-it mold that would be darn close with the tools I have now. Flat top rivets and some JB weld and a little precise drilling does wonders. Give me a holler if you take a notion to do something like that . I love pitching in on a project.

Lost Pole

PP
My bro in lAw has an airbrush setup that he let me fool with last night. All I have to say is you can have that! Made me respect ur work 1000 times more than when I first looked, which was a ton already. Shaky hands dont work very well with much…
Once again, awesome job.
Adam

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice shape to those shad heads and excellent paint jobs. Have more room to play with the paint on those broad sides, would make a good baby bluegill pattern also.

Bottom left jig... :cool: !!!

baitmaster

Papa,
Those heads on top are great. I bet they cause lots of turbulence and water displacement for the tails to play around in.

Scott, I am with woth you on the belly!

Back