Color Options

What do you do if a color does not meet your expectations?

• Stick with off the shelf color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom mix my color

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kdog

Been cleaning and Organizing my jig bench. Well converting from a big mess to a small mess but headway is being made between fishing trips, nightcrawler hunting, honey-do list, Mushroom Hunting (that is on honey-do list BTW) and tying a few jigs. Anyhow, was looking at the varieties of Chartreuse since they are all lined up. I have 11 colors from Yellow Chartreuse thu Green Chartreuse and even lined up, they are all different. Some difference are subtle and some pronounced. Next color in line which is one of my most productive is watermelon of which I have 14 shades from light to dark some with glitter but most are plain. Many are custom colors based on someones sample they gave me (and yes I have the samples).

So I guess my question is how often do you encounter the need for a slightly different shade of a specific color and do you make it or just wish it was available?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
My wife like 50 different shades of grey but i am happy with 2. :p I think i would be closer to 50 shades of green.

I use both off the shelf and mixed. For the most part i have it whittled down to 2 of most of the colors...... one straight and one with metallic additive. But when you start to add up all the shades of green between fluorescent, drab, candy, and everywhere in between....... the number gets up there.

AllenOK

I just got started with the whole powder paint thing a few months ago. Yes, I have mixed a few custom mixes. I prefer the ease of store-bought, but, well, sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do....

Kdog

AllenOK said:
I just got started with the whole powder paint thing a few months ago. Yes, I have mixed a few custom mixes. I prefer the ease of store-bought, but, well, sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do....

Yes but when roseys has their 3.25/pound specials, its hard to resist. and many off the shelf colors at 6.95 for 2oz seem such a rip off.

Back