Clueless People and Businesses

papaperch

Been on a real binge lately. Evidently there is a Dumb (__!__) virus spreading at a terrific rate.

Started off ordering wax worm for ice fishing. Ordered and knew it would not ship till next week. They only ship M , T, W. So as not get live bait shipment stuck over the weekend in some storage area. Waited for two weeks finally call owner. His response " Oh we are really running behind didn't you read about it on the site. " It was there buried in the back pages of his site. I opined to him it would have made a lot of sense to post it on the ordering page. Anyway he claims refund will be immediate soon as I get back to my computer. Finally I have to submit claim to PAYPAL. Then next day he finally refunds.

Next up I post 2 fishing reels for sale. Guy gives me a low ball offer. I politely explain to him that I am not interested in taking less than I posted. Day later
he PM's me . Hey your right that was a good price on those reels. How about we wait till after Holiday Season ( as this started before Christmas ). Sure I replied  I am just going to waste the money anyway on other reels. Have not heard a word since from him.

Another guy contacts me about the 2 reels I mentioned above. He only wants one of them. Thats ok tell him I would a US postal money order. Guy sends me his shipping addy as I requested.Along with his response he complains that working two jobs allows almost no time to get to post office. Right then I knew I would never see squat from this guy either.Where would he ever find time to use the fishing reel. If a trip to the post office was so hard to fit in

Being a sucker for punishment I guess. I notice a small pop up for sale ( same site ) it has an auger included which I don't want. Another guy posts he wants the auger. So I ask for price of just the pop up shanty. He never answers either of us.

I notice a reel that I have been semi-looking for. Poster has excellent price on it. I post that I want it. No response from seller at all. Finally I realize he is too busy to sell what he has posted. Forget it and move on.

Rant just about done if any of you poor souls have slogged thru this. Why do businesses and people fail to follow thru ? If not really interested don't bother the seller. Why waste my time and yours ? Lower offers don't offend me IF they are done in a PM. Post the lower offer on the site posting itself will get my goat. I understand the " garage sale " mentality of a lot of people. To me its simple if I was willing to take a lower price. That's the price I would have posted to begin with. Buyers is one thing but these sellers that offer something they can't deliver. Or just ignore people that want to buy it at their posted price. I realize I am retired and my time ain't worth much. But I am going to quit wasting it on these fuzz balls.

duffy

Yes Sir, Fully understand your total frustration and lack of faith in the moron race!!! Took the wife to the dr (in the city) today and I think every idiot, moron and stooge was on the highway. Said something to the clerk in Costco and she said it was the same way In the store. (full moon was a couple of days ago) I also love the gimmick of some A-hole placing an ad for an item you want in several different places and when you call they tell you they still have it but now the price is higher. I tell them they can wipe with it.

hookup

It's amazing some people are still in business. Or should I say companies?

I mark the reason for your rant up to the I, me, my society. People (not all) believe they are entitled and have lost common sense and courtesy.

Jig Man

I feel your pain... I tried to buy some jig heads awhile back, was willing to pay his price. Man wouldn't accept USPS money order only personal credit card. I passed!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Papa, is that a local internet site?

My extraordinarily trustworthy fishing buddy here is a serious buy & sell garage saler, offering big items on the local radio swap meet hour and many's the time callers will tell him to hold the item and they'll be right over. Guess what? Right.

Their loss. Altho his stuff isn't give away cheap, everything I've bought from him has been A-1.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sellers remorse? There is no reason to at least respond though and say sold or off the market or whatever. If you are talking about OGF, it doesn't surprise me anymore. There is a lot of commerce that rolls through the marketplace there. There are a few good people here and there, but unfortunately the majority seem to be either arrogant jack wagons or trolls.

I got sick of the loud mouths taking over the Hardwater forum and finally posted a rant over there in plain English instead of their childish BS. Go figure, none of the individuals my anonymous rant referred to made any comment directly to me. Ice sure disappeared quick anyway. Probably why everyone is at each others neck, cabin fever setting in. Looks like we mike get another dose of cold, but not holding my breath. How is your nogin' healing up? ........and will your better half let you back on the ice? haha

papaperch

Yep OGF you are right it sure ain't what it used to be. Before it became wildly popular never had any real trouble with anyone on there. Most of the older members that I was in harmony with have moved on. The wax worm deal was with a company by the ironic name of " The Wax Worm Farm ". Good prices but seems like very unprofessional manner. Polite but clueless. Being out of product was not his only fault. He did not live up to promises made over phone. Had to involve paypal before I got a refund.

My super boo-boo is pretty much healed up. Get staples out today thank God. They are beyond irksome now. Wife tried to set new sets of rules but all were promptly ignored as usual. Good thing she is a great cook. One look at my" slim " profile readily confirms that. Like all women she continually tries to change her man. Which make me wonder whatever attracted them to begin with ? Got to give her credit though. Despite all these years of nothing but setbacks. She still persists.

Back