Clouser fly

OKSTATEjiggy

I tied this up for LMB, but it'll probably catch about anything that chases baitfish in fresh- and saltwater. I personally have caught LMB, stripers, trout, and crappie on the Clouser minnow. Sorry I can't provide hook size and types very often; I'm probably the most disorganized tyer on JigCraft. :-/ I have a lot of random hooks and heads laying around... Same goes for the lead dumbell eyes. It feels like 1/32? Anyway, here is a Clouser Deep Minnow with a little variation. Find tying instructions here: http://www.flyguysoutfitting.com/clouserdeepminnow.html NOTE: the Clouser in the link is tied much more sparse than the Clouser that I tied, but the instructions are still the same.

DSC01442.jpg

eyes: lead dumbell
body profile, bottom to top:
1. red fluff from the bottom of a hackle feather (tie on AFTER the white bucktail)
2. white bucktail
3. pearl krystal flash and green flashabou
4. chartreuse bucktail
5. brown bucktail

Jubs

Looks good I need to get off my butt and tie some Clousers. I keep saying I am going to tie some but I never end up doing it.

OKSTATEjiggy

yeah you need to tie some up. Besides being an absolute fish slayer, I find Clouser minnows super fun to tie. Not sure why, but they're just fun. I think they have the best baitfish profiles

Back