CK3 Swap Jigs Auction

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
There will be a memorial/rememberance service at some time in the spring for our late friend and moderator, John - aka CK3. My plan is to auction off the jigs from the - Number 3 JC swap - which was the last swap that CK3 was involved with and donating ALL proceeds to one of John's choice organizations... either the St. Jude's Childrens Hospital or Fishing Has No Boundraies Inc. If anyone wants to simply make a donation that will be given to the choosen org. on behalf of JigCraft and posthumously from John and his family, that will be set-up as well.

But............ I have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE in running an internet auction and would like some ideas and feedback. I want this all set and ready to be sent out well in advance... so thinking it will run late in January or early February. Will be contacting the organizations i mentioned above to make sure on how they would like contributions made to them - i don't want to be caught off guard by some glich in paperwork or something.

Along with any welcome feedback or suggestions, i do have a few questions:
?#1. Thinking i will run the auction here on JigCraft.com instead of ebay. Is this a wise choice or does anyone think i SHOULD run it on ebay? My dilema: I do not have an account set-up on ebay and am not interested in setting one up. BUT I WILL if a majority think it would be beneficial. If it is run on ebay, a direct link could be placed on CDC for the auction... the word 'JigCraft' has been banned over there. :rolleyes: John made many friends on CDC though, and i would like this to be the biggest bang (contribution) that it can be in his name. I guess i'm on the fence on WHERE to host it?
?#2. To run an auction... how long? 1 week? 2 weeks? more?
?#3. End of the auction - I have watched a friend bid on some stuff on ebay and it seems most of them end on a friday or saturday evening. My friend was able to watch the auction up till the closing time since he was not working and continue to bid till the end if he really wanted something. So..... End it on a Saturday evening, say at 10:00 PM Eastern time?
?#4. Does anyone have a preference which orginazation?
?#5. Anything i am missing???

I know, this was a long read, but really want this to be done right. John was a good friend, i want to do right by him and make him proud - Russ

JUNGLEJIM1

I'd run it on jigcraft for a week.Saturday evening is a good choice,maybe end it at midnight your time.John was big with St Jude,think it would be a good choice.

toadfrog

Man thats a tough one. Ebay no. Possibly do it coinsiding on JC and CDC. Might be a real pain . Got no experience with auctions. Every time I try something I wind up paying some of those sneaky back door taxes.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions, I will run it here! Give the full details when i start it up... late January / early February.

Toadfrog - It would be nice to have it announced on CDC since he made so many friends there as well, but that may cause some problems. #1 - Getting the mod to go along with it at all. #2 - I shot myself in the foot over there! After my aggressive harrassment (haha - :rolleyes: - whatever i was singled out for) and banning from over there, they took the extra step to prevent any talk of this site. They banned the words JigCraft as well as my name, so if you type it in a post, PM or link, it comes out like this: ******** This makes it impossible to link directly to this site since the word JigCraft would have to be in the link. There are ways around just talking about the site, like refering to it as... Jig-Craft ...that extra hyphen (or other extra characters) makes it slip under the 'bad word' radar. ;) But I sure DO NOT want anyone else to be black listed over there, so most likely it will just be held among JC members. I doubt me sending a personal email to the mod would change much at this point.

crappiecripplerjigs

We could use a secret mirrored image of the word "tfarcgij":p Might take a few days for the board police to catch on!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads-up...........

I am working on setting up the auction as we speak. Am planning to run it here on JigCraft the 2nd week of May - the 9th thru the 14th. Some generous members have also agreed to kick in some extra tying supplies and it looks like i may be able to run a few separate auctions that the profits will all be used to donate to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital. I think there will be enough items that EVERYONE who ties jigs should have some interest!

I will post the auctions in the Commerce Swapmeet board.... so keep your eyes open the 2nd week of May. :)

A BIG thanks goes to all the donating members. THANK YOU!!!!! - Russ

Back