CK3 - Pics for ya.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I got out in the river at lunch on friday and tied on a jig i got from ya in the 3-way swap from awhile back... think you called it the smallie smasher? Had the best day in the river this year and one of the best days in a few years!!! Couple dinks mixed in but sure had fun. 9 fish in all for the hour - last fish didn't want his pic taken and broke my line as i went to pull it from the water. Still have 2 of the jigs left though, gona have to make some replicas!

Here's the pics in the order i caught them.....

101_1585_e.jpg
101_1586_e.jpg

101_1588_e.jpg
101_1589_e.jpg

101_1591_e.jpg
101_1592_e.jpg

101_1593_e.jpg
101_1594_e.jpg

Thanks for an excellent pattern CK3. :)

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Can't beat that! Great catch and great jig. Im trying to figure out what the tail material on that "smasher" is??? Congrats!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's all flash... maybe the fire orange from Crazy Angler, but not positive. Has a green shine to it as well in the sunshine. :cool:

Forgot to post the jig....

View attachment 5

Attachments

• 101_0601_e.jpg
    101_0601_e.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 50

ScottV

I better get busy tying a few of those. You've done proved they work Attica. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

JSC

Great Fishin, Great Jig ... but I like that stream best =:^)

Are you "Swiming" or "Bottom Bouncen" the Jig ?

JSC

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
JSC - Was 'mostly' swimming this jig with a jerky motion... i'd compare it to a Slug-O in high speed! haha. if i touched bottom, i would snap it up quick to keep it from the !!!! rock monsters. but it all varies - top left pic i was casting down stream over drop off ledges of bedrock, i could let it slide across the bottom ok. top right pic - that hole i was fishing is filled with boulders right where the water drops over the ledge. was also casting upstream & i have to use the high speed approach or i will loose jig after jig.

I do love this little stretch of river, occasionaly i catch some beautiful colored fish like the 2nd from the bottom on the right. but i have found that the darker colored fish are BY FAR harder fighting fish. no clue why this is but it has proven true many times over. can't wait to get back on it this week, hopefully going to break out the fly rod for some fun with the bass... AND the carp have been stacking up in some of the deeper holes. :cool: :D :bigfish:

Back