Choctawhatchee On Tuesday

JSC

Got to go out yesterday .. Took a break from the Red Fish and Speck Trout. Caught & released 32 Crappie (only 5 or 6 small) 5 Bluegill, 2 Warmouth, 4 Bass (avg 1.5) and 1.. 3# Jack (Pickerel) .... All xcept Jack were caught on one of my spinner jigs soft plastic tail .. thought you guys mite like to know that I only used the one tail for all of these .. I don't think it would have lasted for more than one more. These were caught in a lake off of the river and this is all tide water and we had a super low tide (tide came in all day but never got full) The pictures show the main lake I fished and a run to another one .. there is also another one in the main on the upper right .. both of these runs are "loggy" and you have to take your time. I started the day (10:30 throwing a spinner bait for Bass and didn't start on the crappie until after noon) all were caught casting xcept 2 that were caught trolling while I took a "Honey Bun .. Dr Pepper break.

JSC
:jig: :)

Attachments

• WithLurewText.jpg
    WithLurewText.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 82
  • MainLakewText.jpg
    MainLakewText.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 82
  • MRunwText.jpg
    MRunwText.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 80
  • GoodOnewText.jpg
    GoodOnewText.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 80

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Dang - sounds like you had an excellent day! I would be awfully tempted to be casting that spinner along the bank in the runs between lakes. :D Looks like a beautiful day to be on the water as well.

toadfrog

Your a brother in spirit JSC beetle spins are my all time favorite . I'd fish for a shark with one.

JSC

Thanx Guys for the good words.
LH=I got lucky on the Photos ... Skill On the Fishin =:^).
AF= the runs were to shalow at the time (xtra Low tide) and with the Crappie these were way off the hill ... later on the "runs" produce a lot of Bass, Bluegill & Warmouth.
HJ=Plenty of snags .. but out in the open water I went the day with out gettin hung on any thing except fish . (Next time out I did hang a few snags).
TF= Note the Blade is a little larger than the BSpin and the grub is different also hook comes out all most at the end ... lookin to get those short strikes.

Went again Thursday .. not as good .. caught between 12 & 15 Crappie .. knew it was going to be rough when I lost the 1st good Crappie at the boat ... barley hooked .. the larger ones were hitting real "Soft" and tearing off real easy .. had as many hits as last trip but landing far fewer .. the smaller ones were taking it in down deep ... managed to land 1 big blue gill and a Warmouth and the heavy action on the light tackle was a Jack (Pickrell) about 2# and another at 3#+ ... the drag got used some with 6# line. It was a shorter Bite on Thursday ... tried a few other places ..0 .. on the way end stopped for about 20 mins. on a Spec Trout Hole and managed to land one small one and had several other hits .. they were strikin "Soft" as well. ( The spec fishin was with one of my Shrimp Tail Jigs)
Have A Good One
JSC

JSC

Man when those Crappie Quit I had to scrample around to see what was next ... Bass Fishin Picked up .. If I am catching lets say Speckeled Trout or Redfish and the bite gets tough I Bass fish ... My Warmouth did not bite as well this year as they did last year and the Bass went into a tight schooling mode ... The water has been extra low and clear all year and the Salt Water "Wedge" is a long way up the river .. I have not gotten to some of the upper parts of my area all year .. restricted myself to the lower end ... am lookin for the winter Crappie bite (Jan - Feb depends on the water conditions at that time) ... The swamp is full of Squirrell hunters right now ... the area I show pixes of is some of their choice area ... also a lot of Hogs & Turkey asd well as big Swamp Bucks that are really hard to hunt in this area ... Duck hunting is not that big.
Spec Trout and Red fishin will hold up depending on the water conditions ..

cadman

JSC said:
Man when those Crappie Quit I had to scrample around to see what was next ... Bass Fishin Picked up .. If I am catching lets say Speckeled Trout or Redfish and the bite gets tough I Bass fish ... My Warmouth did not bite as well this year as they did last year and the Bass went into a tight schooling mode ... The water has been extra low and clear all year and the Salt Water "Wedge" is a long way up the river .. I have not gotten to some of the upper parts of my area all year .. restricted myself to the lower end ... am lookin for the winter Crappie bite (Jan - Feb depends on the water conditions at that time) ... The swamp is full of Squirrell hunters right now ... the area I show pixes of is some of their choice area ... also a lot of Hogs & Turkey asd well as big Swamp Bucks that are really hard to hunt in this area ... Duck hunting is not that big.
Spec Trout and Red fishin will hold up depending on the water conditions ..

Very nice JSC. What I wouldn't do right now to be on the water. Man it's cold here and I have at least 3 months of ice on the lake. You sure make me jealous with that beautiful scenery and flowing water.

JSC

Ted .. the good thing about this time of the year is that the bugs are fewer in number (skeeters, yellow flies, dog flies and "no seeums") ... & if we try hard enough we can find somethin "bitein" .. normally the water has gotten high & muddy and we really have to "Scratch em out" ... but right now it is xtra low & clear .. The Speckeled Trout & Redfishin has been as good or better than I have ever seen it .. State has opened the month of Feb (which had been closed) for Speck Trout & upped the Red fish limit to 2 (no changes in size limits of either) The Stripers have bit fairly well and I have missed out on them .. Hybrids were stocked earlier this year and I have a caught a couple of them ... watched a Big Striper bustin bait just out of casting reach at sundoiwn the other night from a spot on the bank that I hit sometimes ...
I feel for you guys and all that hard water though I know some like to drill a hole in it and pull em out.

Have a good one

Back