Chenille Holder

Youth Fisher

I just made a simple chenille holder because i was bored. I used a small tackle box and a drill with a smaller size drill bit (you could use any). I started by drilling holes in the center of each selection (where you divide your tackle). Then put the chenille in the slots and pull a little piece of chenille through the hole you drilled. I think this is a good way to organize and I'm always looking for some cool DIY creations. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• diy yarn.jpg
    diy yarn.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 159
  • diy yarn 2.jpg
    diy yarn 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 157

HairyMooseKnuckles

Youth Fisher said:
Thanks! And your welcome

You inspired me buddy. Harbor Freight had a sale. I paid 3 something for one. I wish I had bought a half dozen now. I don't have my holes drilled yet, but at least a few rolls of my chenille are off those cards. Thanks a whole heap for the idea. I really appreciate the friendship and shared ideas this forum provides. Here's mine.

Pepop

Question, do you 2 set the entire box behind your vise when tying a particular jig/chenille combo? This idea came from someone else and I thought it was great but as I'm in my 60's my first thought was "where the heck am I gonna get baby food containers?" Then I remembered, GRANDCHILDREN!! (actually, Great Grandchildren) and we happen to have a new one at that time. The CA or GB or whomever's original label is on the side of each container and the contents are easily identifiable. They're empty Gerber Junior's
BabyFood%20Chenille%20Holder_zpstvjuees4.jpg
I take a single container and set it behind my vise and pull as needed through the hole in the lid. Also, in the upper drawer if my assortment of Estaz and in another large drawer I keep my big crystal chenille. Those 2 types and some nylon & rayon I bought in larger quantities are all kept in quart Zipper bags.

Back