Cheating

redman

Ok some of you will think that I have cheated a bit. Well I needed a pill head and didn't want to spend the time to produce the mold so here is what I did. First I pour some round heads then got out my old adjustable head crystal press from when I was a watchmaker. Set the press to where I thought the thickness should be and pressed the round head jigs flat. Oh my a pill head jig. Enjoy

100_2240.jpg

100_2244.jpg

Redman

Fatman

Redman

What's cheating?? Saves making and or buying a mold!!! but ya gotta admit you got alot more toys than the rest of us!! Even if you have to trim a little so what, you can sit in front of the TV and do that.

redman

I may have a lot more toys than some but. In my old age I have gotten lazy and sometimes don't want to do very much. I still enjoy tying it's the long process of producing a mold that I hate.

Am sure it would take all that long just lazy.

Redman

toadfrog

IMPROVISE , IMPROVISE then save money . If you save money on the little crap then you can spend it on the big crap . Well done redman . I need to get me one of those little punch sets you got . can make your own blades and metal eyes with them .

BucktailJiger

Get's the job done and they look good . Been tying a lot of pill heads , like the thin profile head and big eye's .

JSC

Great tools ... be surprized what you can do with some thing that has nothing to do with jigs & tackle .. I just need the know how to do it !!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
If you believe that is cheating - i don't want to know what you think of some of the odd ball things i have come up with would be catorgized as .....let alone poor toadfrog. :p We might be felons. haha

I have pinched and squezed my fair share of jig heads and split shots in smooth jaw pliers and a bench vise - a trick that sometimes goes unspoken - thanks for posting. :)

LedHed

Sponsor
That might be a cool swap theme AF - "a jig that wasn't poured" or "manipulated jigs" - started out one way, ended up another

Back