Chatterbait/ bladed swim jigs

JUNGLEJIM1

I've been hooked on these baits the past few weeks. It started when I found a 1/8oz chatterbait that I bought a few years ago and came across it while looking for something else. I took off the rubber skirt and tied it using a combination of crosscut rabbit, rabbit zonkers and silicone rubber strands. During a slow evening when I couldn't buy a bite I tied it on and caught a nice bass on the second cast. Ended up with five more over the next hour before it got dark. I bought more the very next day and tied them using rabbit, craft hair or both. They have been working so well that I bought an Arky head mold and ordered a ton of blades to play with. Crazy tying addiction now has me at about 100+ of these in assorted colors, sizes and head styles. Was playing around and tied up a hot pink one and that even caught a couple bass last week. Black or white seems to work the best so far catching bass up to 4lbs at the couple of city park lakes close to home. Need to try the rivers soon since they are almost at normal level. Some pics... These are 1/4-1/2 oz. Even the heavier baits fish light for there size and can be fished in shallow water.View attachment 3View attachment 4View attachment 5

Attachments

• IMG_5043.JPG
    IMG_5043.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5038.JPG
    IMG_5038.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 93

JUNGLEJIM1

Here are a few of the eakers. The two smallest sizes are a bitch to put on unless you modify the snap a little, have to bend the hook portion of the snap in a little. Just tried a couple of these and it seems like they wobble and vibrate better with the long side vertical instead of horizontal. Last four baits are lead free, compliments of Hawnjigs. View attachment 6View attachment 7View attachment 7

Attachments

• IMG_5055.JPG
    IMG_5055.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5056.JPG
    IMG_5056.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 76
Back