candy vs transparent powder coat ???

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
tckurt said:
candy vs transparent powder coat.
are these the same just one place names it candy and
another calls it transparent ?
both would look the same over fresh molded jigs wouldn't they or not?

I like this color and would it be a good paint for jigs?and should look like
sample on fresh molded jigs right?
thanks for any help.
/http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/P-5162S/TRANSPARENT-COPPER/

Yes, i consider candy and transparent to be one in the same.  If you keep the jig head at a low temp so you get a light coat sticking to the head, it should allow the transparent effect to show the fresh/shiny poured head and come close to that sample color.  It will be a metallic glossy copper finish.  The thicker the paint goes on though, the darker the end result will be.  I have a dwindling supply of a transparent copper with mica mixed in and will be needing more at some point.  It is a very effective and eye catching color.

tckurt

thanks AtticaFish ,now I  gotta get me some copper and
some other transparent/candy colors.

duffy

Mixing different bases can/will also give you different end results and shades. Some come out really cool, others, not so much. For example, I have a candy pink that by itself is ok, put a white base under it and it's really Pink! Put the clear/red flake over it and it's more of a Ruby Red. Flo Orange base with Candy pink on top gives a purplish color. Just remember to write everything down! For practicing on I remove and save the pull tabs off of drink cans and use them to test colors on. The have a nice silver base, heat up quick and don't use much paint, plus you could make a sample board to put them on with the recipes if you wanted.

Back