can anyone id this jig hook?

tckurt

Hi all
I posted the other day in jigcraft part looking for mold info on a jig,well
think I got that now just need to try and id this thing and what they
may have made the hook from ??? photo shows the white jig i am trying
to recreate. other photo shows the hook that was left after melting the lead off it.
any of you folks have any clues. also wire diam on this hook is .31

View attachment 1

Attachments

• jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 87
  • jig hook2.jpg
    jig hook2.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 89

Hawnjigs

KISS
Having bent thousands of hooks to fit molds I would guess that hook was a standard straight shank to eye hook, NOT a jig hook. Mfg 90* bends have a sharper angle and a straight leg, both not apparent in the pictured hook. What I THINK is that bending tool limitations could not create a short leg 90* bend, so the mad scientist had to add a second shank bend to lower the eye away from the point. Its also possible the creator twist rotated the eye 90*.

What application do you have in mind that would require such a tiny short shank heavy wire jig hook?

Bucho

tckurt said:
they use this little white jig with wax worms and hammer steelhead

I once sold several hundred jigs to a steelheader in MI who used them with both waxworms and hellgrammite plastic trailers to exceptional success. A modified USD (>lip down) shad dart mold and a 32833 will do the trick. The USD Shad Dart features a lower lip that resembles the jaws of a hellgrammite.

Hawnjigs

KISS
The Voodoo proprietor was kind enuf to send me samples of his custom 3x hooks. As mentioned they are stronger than 32833 and have excellent sharp points.
My molds are already modified to fit well inventoried 32833s, so I declined to use them. Anyway, no steelhead in Nebraska.

Some of the Voodoo hooks have slightly off center eye twists, no big deal to bend em straight if one is particular.

tckurt

Hawnjigs said:
The Voodoo proprietor was kind enuf to send me samples of his custom 3x hooks. As mentioned they are stronger than 32833 and have excellent sharp points.
My molds are already modified to fit well inventoried 32833s, so I declined to use them. Anyway, no steelhead in Nebraska.

Some of the Voodoo hooks have slightly off center eye twists, no big deal to bend em straight if one is particular.

Thank you Hawnjigs sounds like a good tough hook.

Back