Cabelas ESP rods

quivira kid

Any of you guys use the ESP rods Cabelas sells? I am very seriously looking into the micro-lite model for fishing my super small stuff. It says it is designed for 1/80 to 1/32oz jigs, and I have looked it over pretty good in the store. Carbon fiber handle, and very sensitive...... I am thinking it would be a sweet little bluegill rig to have spooled up with 2lb line and a micro jig or even a fly under a bobber.

Fatman

Zac

That's a problem I run into in Vermont - we don't have any of the big boys to run look at rods and Dicks Sporting goods is shall we say less than enthusiastic to carry some of the better rods. Plus when you go in with your reel they have a FIT!!!! No matter how many times you tell them I want to make sure the reel will fit on the rod, they just don't get it!!! Finally had to talk to the manager to explain it.

To actually find someone who speaks TACKLE OR FISHING LANGUAGE in that section is a miracle in itself!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get it PLEASE let us know how it worked out for you - I'd much rather take the word of someone here than the high priced advertisements that say how good it is!!!

noel sanchez

leadhead gave me some cabelas classic Im6 ultralight spinning rod its real light, and i have used 1/32oz jigs using 2lb test line fishing for bluegills I recently bought one from cabelas check them out there one sale,14.88 for free delivery put this code (42RODS) hope this info helps

StumpHunter

I have a 9' flyrod that is built from the IM6 and it is sweet. Have not seen the ESP rods but from everything I have seen about them they are a nice rod. Look forward to seeing some reports on them. Good luck.

Back