Bull trout

Fin and Fur

Top pic, dude had a gobb of red carpet stuck in his gills, makes you wonder!?!. We saved his life probably. Only take 1 fish over 24 our 10 fish day averaged 18 to 22

Pup

So that's a bull trout.  What was once called a Dolly Varden?

I'd like to catch a char like that. :icon14:

Fin and Fur

Yes char/dolly varden/bull one in the same, local slang I guess.
On side note water was 46 to47 deg and is a great small mouth lake so they'll be moving up, what's everyone's goto pre spawn jig?

Fin and Fur

Most all the jigs I tie are at minimum bi color,contrasting color or different shades of same color. What are everyone's thoughts on purple, I like purple? And no I taint afraid of pink.

duffy

Have had good luck with purple/junebug colors on bass and panfish. Small tube baits with a purple head and white tentacles always seemed to work on perch & crappie and June bug grubs on a jig would activate bass too. I had given my friends son some jigs with a brown head and lighter brown skirts. About 2 weeks ago he sent me a pic of a nice rainbow he caught on it and said there were 25 more like it he had caught. Was sort of surprised with that color combo for trout but I guess, whatever works.

Fin and Fur

That one I was holding up put up a darn good fight, trying to take me under boat and pulling line off the reel. Heck of a good time, no doubt.

So my trick with this trolling plug cut herring with double hook rigged leader was I had a watermelon tube on one side of the second hook through tail and a chart grub on the other side of the tail. Lost bait on every hook up but reused plastics entire day. My buddy gave me a hard time at first, but it worked, I caught the bigger fish...in his face!

Back